Cobra Endlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripleB67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've heard people here talk about these but haven't seen them around my area until today...boy are they small.

Would these make good fish to keep in a 5 gallon tank?

If so, how many could I keep?

Could I leave my 1 remaining neon tetra with them?

Would shrimp or pygmy corys be ok with them?

IYO, would they or 3 male guppies be a better choice for my 5 gallon tank?

Thanks for any help.

TripleB67

I'm definitely getting me some of these fish tomorrow for my 5 gallon aquarium.

1) How many should I put in the tank?

2) Can I leave my 1 neon tetra in the tank?

3) I do not have any live plants, just a wide 'barrel' type thing they swim through and hide in, an artificial plant, and a small fake turtle. Will this be ok?

4) If I eventually get some red cherry shrimp will they and the cobra endlers be ok together?

Thanks for the help.

TripleB67

There small enough they should be okay with adults, if the babies dont have enough cover, there a snack.
In a five gallon you could get like five males maybe? Females get larger and then there would be alot o babies

I would do between 5-6 male cobra endlers. They are really cool. I only have 2 in my 8g (they're just the regular endlers) and they are super active!

I would take out the neon, it would be much happier in a different tank.

Those decorations are fine, although I do see mine eating off the leaves on my plants (I'm thinking that they like some microorganism on them). But that's the only time they go near the plants, unless they're swimming through them.

The RCS should be fine, they have EXTREMELY small mouths. It's hilarious seeing them eat blood worms. The adult RCS would be fine, but who knows about the babies;)

I would do between 5-6 male cobra endlers.

I added 6 neon tetras to the tank at one time...within 9 hours 5 of them had died. The one left is doing great though :).

Would it be OK to add 5 or 6 Cobra Endler's at one time?

Thanks for your help.

TripleB67

Back
Top Bottom