coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a new addition. sweety pie took the zoeas? out of the 75 and put in this one. they were not doing so hot in the 75. hopefully they can recover here.

had that brown algae bloom go crazy. im not saying im worried about it but it was neat seeing over the rock after 10hours at work. the lawnmower blenny is going to town on it. sweety pie also moved the sand sifting star fish over and a few crabs and snails.

i still need some clowns.

something else is that im seeing my midnight angle getting a little chasey with the flame hawk and to a lesser degree the bleeny.

coffeetwitch said:
i have a new addition. sweety pie took the zoeas? out of the 75 and put in this one. they were not doing so hot in the 75. hopefully they can recover here.

had that brown algae bloom go crazy. im not saying im worried about it but it was neat seeing over the rock after 10hours at work. the lawnmower blenny is going to town on it. sweety pie also moved the sand sifting star fish over and a few crabs and snails.

i still need some clowns.

something else is that im seeing my midnight angle getting a little chasey with the flame hawk and to a lesser degree the bleeny.

Setting the table.... He's just showing his dominance...

coffeetwitch said:
kk thanks kio. so long as he doesnt bully and nip.

He may chase, but yeah, watch the nipping... I'm happy ur angel is doing so good! I almost tried another flame angel, but didn't...

are all angles this territorial?

i can understand your apprehension. but for the last two times ive been to our sw lfs he has had one. they are too pretty not to consider.

oh yeah and sence i last reported on this tank today the blenny has settled in. still not fat but he is no longer shy about moving through the tank.

coffeetwitch said:
are all angles this territorial?

i can understand your apprehension. but for the last two times ive been to our sw lfs he has had one. they are too pretty not to consider.

Yes, they are... Plus I hesitate due to my corals too... I paid a pretty penny for these last LPS corals... Hate to have to fry a fish because he ate them... Lol

coffeetwitch said:
lol i understand. your being very smart about what you put in your tank.

Learning from my screw ups. Got my QT tank going now. Doing it right this time around. I lose fish like I did before, I'd be tempted to sell the tank... That crushed me.

man i know. you could see it in how you wrote on here. dont let that beat you up. once your wife gets home you can both sit back with your new little baby and enjoy the tank youve made for them.

coffeetwitch said:
man i know. you could see it in how you wrote on here. dont let that beat you up. once your wife gets home you can both sit back with your new little baby and enjoy the tank youve made for them.

If she doesn't beat me for spending so much money on it... Lol

i got the call from my lfs last night that they got a couple of sea stars in that i might like over the african red knob. he txt a picture of them side by side. sweety pie liked one over the other and was able to get there just before close. i dont know what kind it is. but i acclimated it and made sure it wasnt exposed to air. i quickly found its way over to the glass and stayed there. lights out and the urchin started making its rounds. then the two met. i looked like the urchin was right on top of the star and stayed there so i got a stick and kind of persuaded the urchin to get off him. i couldnt see any nibble marks but i didnt know what to look for either. i get up at the crack of noon and he looks dead. i picked him up and all the little suction cups are gone or sucked in. he is stiff. i put him on the sand proper side up and he has moved 4" and that took about an hour. so is he sleeping? on his last leg? nothing looks like he is melting. water parameters are great. wtf? any input?

img_1575525_0_1b31771b91a30ddc5a30c82751480231.jpg

img_1575525_1_dd17ffe560e8cb224c7aa7f343430f83.jpg

hasnt moved from this spot all day and took most of last night to get there.

Have you fed it? Idk if it eats algae or not, but if it does, it looks like you would have to manually give it some seaweed.

its just like a chocolate chip. so meaty foods. i bought some silversides to start out with. and told only to feed 2x a week. i wouldnt think he is starving to death right our of the box. ill go thaw one and put him on top of it and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom