coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coffeetwitch said:
lol thanks kio. im just thinking that if i where to skim the surface of the water instead of the sucking from the bottom would that make a difference?

Don't see how. If you have flow whatever crap is on top will make it to the bottom and be sucked out.

hey carey if you read this,

what filter media where you running in your fluval when you where able to keep 0 trates?

hahaha slowmo couldnt get the flame hawk if he tried. i swear ive never seen anything move as slow as this starfish.

coffeetwitch said:
hahaha slowmo couldnt get the flame hawk if he tried. i swear ive never seen anything move as slow as this starfish.

Love that you named your starfish Slowmo, LOL

Awe....... that's sweet, what love in da house :). What kind of sea star is it?

Hey you mentioned being bored....I have sump/refuge/tank move/lights to hang and well I could have an awfully long honey do list for you if your honey didn't mind. hehehehe :)

ha yeah. i know that if we all lived closer together a helping had wouldnt be too far away.

the starfish is some sort of Protoreaster its the one on the left.
img_1587210_0_278564ddb097bc68ada5e36ad1370073.jpg

the lfs knew we where looking for an african red knob but had these come in gave me a call and said that we may like one of these sweety pie picked him out.

sadly the one on the right is melting now. its a bad deal. crazy how he got both of them in at the same time. dripped them in the same bucket. but ours is making it and the other one is most likely going to die.

my midnight is acting weird. starting to hide in the back of the tank like my cardinal was. this will be his second day of keeping to himself.

i didnt really see him eat much when i fed the tank either.

my midnight is acting weird. starting to hide in the back of the tank like my cardinal was. this will be his second day of keeping to himself.

i didnt really see him eat much when i fed the tank either.

Not sure if this would help, but you could turn the lights off. It might make him feel better. Good luck!:)

ha yeah. i know that if we all lived closer together a helping had wouldnt be too far away.

the starfish is some sort of Protoreaster its the one on the left.
img_1588910_0_278564ddb097bc68ada5e36ad1370073.jpg

the lfs knew we where looking for an african red knob but had these come in gave me a call and said that we may like one of these sweety pie picked him out.

sadly the one on the right is melting now. its a bad deal. crazy how he got both of them in at the same time. dripped them in the same bucket. but ours is making it and the other one is most likely going to die.

Sorry about the star on the right. I love the one on the left though! Is he eating ok? (Sorry, I am behind on this thread).

its all good. yep the one we actually brought home is doing great. he as eaten very well. i was told to only feed him 2x a week and yesterday was his 3rd time eating. besides being slower than dirt hes a champ.

coffeetwitch said:
its all good. yep the one we actually brought home is doing great. he as eaten very well. i was told to only feed him 2x a week and yesterday was his 3rd time eating. besides being slower than dirt hes a champ.

Awesome! Does he eat nori!

when i got him i ask the owner of the lfs if this was his star and he had to chose from what he had to sell what would he buy.

i purchased frozen silversides. break them in half and thaw. the star is about the size of the palm of my hand.

coffeetwitch said:
when i got him i ask the owner of the lfs if this was his star and he had to chose from what he had to sell what would he buy.

i purchased frozen silversides. break them in half and thaw. the star is about the size of the palm of my hand.

That is great! Do you just put the silverside next to the star, and then he finds his way over? Would you say he is pretty hardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom