coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coffeetwitch said:
i know ive mentioned how much i want a flame but that midnight black angel looks amazing. anyone care to comment?

I was going to get a midnight until I gave up on angels. They aren't as hardy as they say. Idk, I've had bad luck with mine.... Hows your coral beauty doing?

she appears to be doing very well. eats well. acts like shes doing just fine.

its a bum deal about your angels.

im searching for those lights you mentioned.

i found the marineland light 36-48" for 114 on ebay. i went to exotic led and they look more like pendants. and asking a fair amount of cash for them... ill keep looking.

k so i may just go with the double brights because im not really finding much else that is the same price or less.

Different bulb combos so different colors, plus they're cheaper. You would even be able to put in zoas and mushrooms and they will have enough light.

Yeah, I honestly can't say i've heard anything at all good about those led's. My lfs told me not to waste my time on them, he was complaining on how alot of the bulbs burn out and then he has to take the units back and give a new one.

I also like the idea of a dual T5 fixture. You can mix and match til you get the colors you want. :)

A nice ATI aquablue special with either a purple plus or a blue plus. :)

I think that would make the fish colors pop. :) I;m rying the purple plus for the first time myself so I can't speak from actual experience. LOL I do know the specials and the blue plus are awesome together, I love me some blueish hue!

its off a guy at a lfs, its out of the box but brand new. its a shame im running a black tank and hopefully a black stand to match soon but the light fixture is brown. maybe i have some left over spray paint.

on the glo light fixtures though, check the bulb size, they might be special size and only their brand will fit. I thought I read that was on of the brands that did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom