Cole's Free 28 Nano Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like the bottom chamber of the media basket? Yeah, I can get light to it from the back of the tank since the glass isn't blacked out.

But algae will develop on that back pane and you'll have to be able to get to it to clean it pretty regularly.

Hmm, well where it would be wouldn't be hard to get to it, chances are a vertex aglea mag has enough clearance to be back there.

Think it would be beneficial enough to warrant having cheato in that bottom chamber of the basket? Or would it not be enough to make a difference?

I've never had much experience with these little tanks, but I'm guessing not much improvement in water quality would be seen from a baseball sized clump of chaeto. Just keep the bio load reasonable and skip the macro IMO. More maintenance than benefit.

That was my exact thought, I couldn't imagine much change from it.

Well I just tested again and have zero trites and ammo, so I'll call my lfs after class and see what they have.

My stocking plan so far:
Clown goby (yellow or citron)
2 x fire fish (finally a fully inclosed tank, they always jump on me)
Hectors goby (if I can find one local)

I like the green clown gobies...pretty neat war paint on their faces...
p-71055-green-clown-goby.jpg

I love the green ones, but last time I talked to my lfs they said they never get them in. I tried to get them to special order and they acted like they couldn't :/ I love the yellows too though, so it'll be okay haha

Well I came home with two purple firefish earlier!! They're pretty uncommon around me, and normally really expensive. So when I saw some for $25 I had to have them! One thing I've noticed with this tank is it's really hard to take pictures haha

20140305_200415.jpg

I know! I'm excited haha, next thing will be a coral, I'll just go shopping from my other tanks haha

Probably going to be a ricordea to "test the waters" lol gotta be punny!

Oh I will, I probably won't add any more fish for about a month.. I'm just gonna work on "filling the tank out" coral wise for now. I should be able to keep LPS with this stock light, huh?

Something to be aware of with biocubes is that fish can still jump out. They can get over the back wall of the display and into the filtration, if you still have the strainer tray they will not survive long. I rigged a wall with a piece of old undergravel filter mesh but I believe you can buy something, I think it's called a fish saver.

Something to be aware of with biocubes is that fish can still jump out. They can get over the back wall of the display and into the filtration, if you still have the strainer tray they will not survive long. I rigged a wall with a piece of old undergravel filter mesh but I believe you can buy something, I think it's called a fish saver.

Hmmm, I'll look at it when I get home, I don't remember seeing a gap.. Are you talking about a gap between the rim and the hood?

There is no way a fish can get out, I just looked hard too. The hood completely seals the display in, completely.

And this is a Nano Cube, not a BioCube, I think that's what's making the difference.

Back
Top Bottom