Collecting Fish All Over The World!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey , I wanted to start a thread of what aquarium fish you have caught in the wild or a place that have any like Miami (Chiclid fish) or Brazil (Molly Fish)
I always wanted to travel around and catch Tiger Oscar or just Guppy.

All I'm saying is, it's nice in theory, but in reality you'd have to obtain several, several permits and licenses to collect, export, and import fish from all over the world. You can't just go out and scoop em up.

I know , due to most state and country you need permit to send fish or even catch them. But in Mexico it seem the easier i think.

It's easier to get the permits to catch them and to export them as long as they are just for personal use. You get tripped up getting them back in to the US. There are all sorts of quarantine procedures. But it is totally doable. Sounds like fun too!

In hawaii, there are lots of released aquarium fish. Corydoras, plecos, green terrors, jewel cichlids, and a bunch of other neat organisms

In hawaii, there are lots of released aquarium fish. Corydoras, plecos, green terrors, jewel cichlids, and a bunch of other neat organisms

My aunty is a diver here in Hawaii, and she collects hermits, common anemones, shrimps.

Stuff like that.

I like to go fishing, and can say that yellow tang taste pretty good.

Next time I go fishing or reef exploring, I will definitely take pics

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom