College Basketball.... Let The Madness Begin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Withey was a tall sumagun

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep. Tall, fundamental throw back center.
MD walked away with a win but preseason big 10 POY left the game in the second half after landing awkwardly following a layup. Was holding his lower back. The entire turtle nation gasped and held their breath for a moment. Otherwise, looked good. Will take some time to gel 2 transfers, 2 veterans, and a blue chip freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The OSU freshman are looking impressive so far against Mt. St. Mary's.

The OSU freshman are looking impressive so far against Mt. St. Mary's.

Russell will be hard to replace. If he stayed then OSU might be the Big10 favorite.
Well, MSM should be well tested when they get into their respective conference play. I watched Graves from MSM play in HS/AAU. Talented played but MD was too big up front.

Auburn plays Colorado tomorrow at 2, anybody from west/Midwest know anything about how good they are, we don't get the western teams on tv much in Florida

Theyre not too shabby... Looked like they gave iowa state some trouble... Lost but played well.

Watching some local action: #6 UVA trailing by 3 at the half to George Washington, VCU big over Radford (who beat Georgetown the other night).
Tomorrow features MD vs Georgetown, Duke vs KY, Kansas vs Mich State.

KU v MSU @ MSU..... WOW what an early season banger. Talk abt a tough game for both sides every time we play them. Sheesh 2nd game of the seasons a tester.... I like it. Always a fan of Bill Self not shying from tough schedules.

That's why I like CBB scheduling over CFB scheduling. Aggressive non-conference schedules don't really hurt chances in the post season. They actually prepare teams IMO.

Auburn plays Colorado tomorrow at 2, anybody from west/Midwest know anything about how good they are, we don't get the western teams on tv much in Florida

CO dropped their first game to #7 Iowa State. Hard to say since it is quite early in the season.
Saw CO forward Josh Scott in Raleigh in an AAU tourney 5 years ago. He was the star player of that team. My son was supposed to matchup against him but did not suit up (knee). During the game Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, and Ben Wallace walk into the gym. Jerry was coaching his son's U15 team. Fun times!

Watching some local action: #6 UVA trailing by 3 at the half to George Washington, VCU big over Radford (who beat Georgetown the other night).
Tomorrow features MD vs Georgetown, Duke vs KY, Kansas vs Mich State.

Well, it looks like UVA lost. That gives me hope of OSU beating them. This college basketball season has started off weird. I can't remember the last time we had all these upsets in the first week.

Strange yet interesting pairings. Would rather see it now than wait for the tourney.
That MSM team that OSU and MD played faces #10 Gonzaga this weekend. By the time MSM gets to conference play they will be like "Phew, a breather."
This evening I watched a replay of the 2002 Elite Eight where MD beat a stacked UCONN team.

Strange yet interesting pairings. Would rather see it now than wait for the tourney.
That MSM team that OSU and MD played faces #10 Gonzaga this weekend. By the time MSM gets to conference play they will be like "Phew, a breather."
This evening I watched a replay of the 2002 Elite Eight where MD beat a stacked UCONN team.

That was a really fun game

KU-MSU not until 10 EST. MD-GTWN not until 9 EST. Yawn.
Guess I'll watch KY-DUKE until then.

I know, brotha. Gonna be a late night. Then back to work @ 6am

Great game so far. MSU looked shaky at first, but they're fixing that. KU is lookin pretty good. A lot of game left.

MD-G'Town was a grinder. Back and forth runs by both squads. Atmosphere was like a late February conference game. Melo Trimble making a strong case as Big10 POY.

Back
Top Bottom