Colon Cleansing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever done any form of colon cleansing? Either herbal or a special visit to a special doctor..

Or does anyone have an opinions on this matter? I am curious to try an herbal method (maybe something along these lines http://www.drnatura.com/) but Im not sure.

Also, if you have something to private, or gross, to post on the boards.. feel free to PM me about it.

My mom chewed me out for like 15min about colon cleansing since she has never heard of it and so I want other opinions hehe =o)

Dubious at best in actual benefits and potentially dangerous in some cases (depending on the solution used and the health of the recipient). Micheal Landon had several coffee high-colonics just before his death of cancer....he was pretty into the stuff, but it sure did not help him.

Something considerably more safe and with colonic-cleansing benefits is the 'master cleanser' or 'lemonade fast', but it is really only safe for a maximum of 5-7 days, no matter what some people believe.

I was scanning that page and spotted this:

Kleritea Ingredients

Senna Leaf, Chamomile Flower, Fennel Seed, Peppermint Leaf, Rose Hip Fruit, Cinnamon Bark, Buckthorn Bark, Ginger Root, Milk Thistle Seed, Passion Fruit, Uva Ursi Leaf, and Natural Lemon Flavor.

Senna is a stimulant laxitive and the active ingredient in Ex-Lax, etc...dangerous to use more than infrequently.

Uva Ursi (bearberry) has been used for centuries as a emmenagogue/abortifacient, so use with caution.

I also found this interesting:

"Paranil is an effective combination of 18 high-quality herbs that have traditionally been used to expel parasites as well as to clear eggs and hatching larvae from the body."

Of all the ingrediants listed in the Paranil, only Artemis absinthum, wormwood, is an actual anthelmintic...not sure what all the other ingredients are intended to do.

I suggest you carefully research all the ingredients of any medicine, herbal or otherwise, before putting it into your body.

Eat lots of fruit & veggies. Tons of fiber and water and your colon is like a self cleaning oven :mrgreen:

A friend is taking a 21 day regiment for digestive "cleansing" and I have no idea why. After looking at the ingredients, I came to the conclusion he threw away $29.99! Eat your fruits and veggies, take fiber if needed and save your money!

talloulou said:
Eat lots of fruit & veggies. Tons of fiber and water and your colon is like a self cleaning oven :mrgreen:

Ain't it true...in fact, something like 99.4% of Americans are dreadfully lacking in fibre and eating 10x-20x the amount of meat that they should daily.....and those processed foods... :roll:

Toirtis said:
deli_conker said:
Wormwood is also the "active ingredient" in Absinthe.

Don't I know it! :wink:
Oh yeah. I forgot that Absinthe is legal in Canada. From what I know, you are allowed to possess and buy it in the US, but bars and liquor stores aren't allowed to sell it...

Everybody is giving sound advice here. Basically, if you eat right, you won't have to clean your colon in the first place. Stay away from processed foods (white bread, etc.) add in some fiber (fruits, veggies, unprocessed grains) and mix with ample amounts of water.

When I have money to spend at the store, I do eat pretty well.. but I want something to get rid of whatever parasites might be lurking in my body.

As a biologist, you know you need what is in there. Unless you get ill, the parasites and other bacteria stay in check.

Menagerie said:
As a biologist, you know you need what is in there. Unless you get ill, the parasites and other bacteria stay in check.

Correct...and having zero parasites is likely not all that healthy....if your immune system does not have enough to do, it tends to get bored/confused and starts going after good things....there is a lot of emerging research that ties MS, Lupus and other conditions to under-challenged/poorly-trained immune systems.

Toirtis said:
....there is a lot of emerging research that ties MS, Lupus and other conditions to under-challenged/poorly-trained immune systems.

That's my excuse for having lots of pets and a messy house :p I want to keep my kids immune systems challenged!

Menagerie said:

I know that some things need to stay.. but the thought of parasites (like the ones I/we've studied up close and personal) creeps me out and I would prefer them not to be there.

I know that some things need to stay.. but the thought of parasites (like the ones I/we've studied up close and personal) creeps me out and I would prefer them not to be there.
That's kinda funny. They've most likely been there most of your life, and although not doing any harm or otherwise letting their presence be known, are now on the extermination list because suddenly it's realized that they exist.

Did you know that every human has parasites that live at the base of their eyelashes? It's true. I remember seeing something about it on a National Geographic program where they explored the very small and the very fast (things that are there that the naked eye cannot see). You're not going to pluck your eyelashes or soak your face in Listerine are you?

deli_conker said:
Did you know that every human has parasites that live at the base of their eyelashes? It's true. I remember seeing something about it on a National Geographic program where they explored the very small and the very fast (things that are there that the naked eye cannot see). You're not going to pluck your eyelashes or soak your face in Listerine are you?

Symbiotes, actually....and they are in all hair areas, but particularly in the eyelashes and eyebrows...interestingly, they tend to reptoduce faster after being exposed to warm water. :D

I do clease about once a year ... the idea is to make sure YOU know what your doing not the kid behind the counter... ohhh and eating fruits and veggies is a great thing so is getting balenced souble and insouble fibver ( most drs dont know the difference I have found)

If you are really want to clean your bowels.......eat an entire bag of fig newtons and a bunch of watermelon. Just don't make any plans for the rest of the day 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom