Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I recently moved my tank (40gal/180l) from my parents to mine, and have completely renovated the tank, it was neglected for some time.

My current stock is:

2 Clown loach both about 2inches long
1 Black Angel fish about 8cm long (not including the tail) :(
1 (i think) Pencilfish
and one Dwarf Gourmi.

Ideally I wanted a nice community tank.

At the moment I'm doing my planning for the future.

I wanted some armano shrimps, but I don't think the angel fish will get on with these, more likely consider them FOOD! Any one know whether they will like these as food?
The Angel fish, to me seems like its gonna wreck my plans, although I haven't seen it aggressive whilst its been at mine.

Do angel fish fit in, within a community setup?

Thanks

Angelfish do fine in a community tank. Just don't mix with small tetras (neons) or with fin nippers like serpaes or tiger barbs. If I were you I would get a few more pencil fish fill out that school and get a few corys for the bottom. Those clown loaches are going to get way to big for you tank. You should take them back for a more apporpriate sized fish.

I have had the clown fish for about 4 years. They havent grown much bigger than what they were. Although I understand they will get bigger.#

Will get a few more pencilfish to keep the other one comfy but at the mo need to stabilise the water.

Back
Top Bottom