compatible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chapin874

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i am looking to get another clown that will go along with my goldstripe maroon, would it be best to get another maroon, or are there other options as a pal for the goldstripe

I would get another Goldstripe if I were you.. Make sure it is smaller than the one in your tank and you should be fine.. Mixing species of clowns should not happen but i have seen it happen in a very large tank.. The smaller new addition clown will probably become the male..

HTH<
James

If you want pairs of maroons, I highly recommend you buy them as a pair. Pairing maroons is hit and miss and they will fight to the death if they are both females.

Recently I can attest to not do it. I bought a new Maroon Clown about 2 weeks ago with a BTA for it to host. Then a few days ago I bought another Maroon Clown and a BTA. The old Maroon Clown stole both BTA and nearly beat the new Clown to death till I moved him to another tank w/o a Clown.

i have a 90 with a goldy and added nemo with him ! the gold chased and chased but never hurt nemo just chased him away from his host !! they are fine now as long as nemo dont go to close to the bta !! anything smaller imo ya will have probs for sure !!

IMHO skip it, its not worth the trouble, and as the maroon grows and matures it will only get worst. The LFS has a 150 gal reef, with a pair of huge maroons. Biggest I have ever seen the males about 4" females easily 6". Anyways they added a big yellow tang and they shredded it to nothing.

wow, thanks I think i will stay away from adding one until I can afford a 100 gallon tank or larger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom