Complete advice please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I need lots of advice let's start at ground zero. What would be the ideal setup for breeding guppies? I need every detail possible, size tank, water temp, number of individual guppies, pleco or no pleco, salt or no salt, basically any info y'all can give me is greatly appreciated and as many people as possible please answer I would love everyones opinion thanks everybody

A 10 gallon setup would be the perfect setup for breeding guppies.
Water temp (To fasten guppy growth) around 80°F-86°F.

You could possibly do 2 male guppies and female guppies in a 10 gallon, but someone else might say different.

I wouldnt put any of the dwarf species of pleco in a 10 gallon, so, You could consider getting an algae scraper.

Most pets stores say to put aquarium salt with any liverbearers but its not necessary for guppies, they can live fine without it.

You are going to need places for the fry to hide so the adults dont eat them, such as:

Java moss:
images

Fry mop:
images

Hornwort (floating plant):
images

wisteria:
images

You will need to feed the fry crushed flakes, newly hatched brine shrimp, etc 3-5 times a day.

The growth of the fry will take about 2 months.

Hope this helped

Tyler

Guppies breed like mad in my experience. Just have moss or a thick floating plant like suggested and pretty soon (IMO) you will want to have a molly or something to take care of all the fry you will have!

I would go with a larger tank than a 10g. You'll be over run very quickly. A good size would be a 29g. That gives you plenty of room for a lot of guppies and a good amount of space to put moss or something the fry can hide out in. IMO, you don't really need a whole lot to breed guppies. My buddy's girlfriend has guppies in her 33g tank and they breed like crazy, and all she does is feed them. She gave some to my girlfriend and they ended up spitting them out in the bag lol. Just set up a decent size tank, decorate it nicely, and add 10 guppies mixing male and female and you'll start getting babies.

I breed feeder guppies for our cichlids.

They're in a 10g tank, lots of water sprite floating around, I feed flake food daily. But the best two pieces of advice for you are these:

Use a sponge filter. They won't suck up the fry

Make sure the tank is completely cycled

i would reccommend 3 to 4 females to 1 male and a decent size tank at least a 20 gallon. i also use a smaller tank such as a 5 gallon to house fry in once they are born. i use a guppy breeder and then just dump the babies in the 5 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom