Complete overhaul of my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been unhappy with the looks of my 55 ever since I set it up four years ago, and tomorrow is the four year anniversary of the tank, so I want to get it a gift if you will. Here's what I have right now

Aqueon 55
1. Aqueon 48 inch fixture
Standard gravel
Magnum 350 canister
The lighting hardly grows java moss, which IMO is really sad....

Here's what I want
1. A led light that will give me medium lighting. (Suggestions)
2. A dirted tank. With a sand cap

With upgrading the lighting would I need pressurized co2? I already dose dry ferts, and glut.

Plants I want to grow

Dwarf sag.
Italian Val's.
Java fern.
Christmas moss.
Water sprite.
Several crypts

ill list more in a little while (at school)

Lights:
Trying to decide between the current sattalite+
Or the finnex ray 2
Which one do you think is better for my needs. The reason I like the sattalite+ is because of the customization features, but I understand the ray 2 has a higher par. Anyone care to sway me one way or another? :)

Lights:
Trying to decide between the current sattalite+
Or the finnex ray 2
Which one do you think is better for my needs. The reason I like the sattalite+ is because of the customization features, but I understand the ray 2 has a higher par. Anyone care to sway me one way or another? :)

That's what I meant. I don't know why I said ray 2 :Banghead: the planted plus is set to one setting though correct?

Yah it has 2 switches, one for whites and reds than one for blues, you can run the blues w the others.. I really like it..

Ok well I'll order the planted+ are you saying that I can run either all reds, and whites, or blues. Or run them all at once?

That's the one, you can run either moonlight or daylight(whites and reds) or both together which I do, gives the fish a little more pop!

If you want a good DIY project you could gut your aqueon light and pack it with cfl's, I'm going to do it later today...

Sweet! Thanks man. Could you make a thread on it though? I'm not good with re wiring but my dad is, and he would be able to do it better if he saw pictures or something.

Ya I'll do a build thread later, it's so simple, pitbully gave me the idea so I'll title it "pittbullys awesome DIY retrofit"

In a 55g tank you definitely want to go with the ray 2 if you want medium light. The planted + only has slightly higher par values than the Current USA light.

Back
Top Bottom