Complete Tank Rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at the Myriophylums. I have some Myrio. pinnatum and I love it. Medium light, grows fast, nice true green color. Just cut a lttle off the end and stick in the gravel 2 to 4 ". Feeds from bottom some but also feeds from the water. Good background plant and hiding place for shy fish. Easy to get more plants by saving some trimmings and replanting. Not your only choice but one to consider. OS.

I need to trim my water sprite In my 10 gal, how could I do this? :) Thad save me some cash!

Okay so I'm finally back with GOOD news lol. I moved some things around in the tank and will be heading back to the lfs Saturday to pick up stuff. I took out the ugly piece of fake DW and it really opens up the tank. I also angled the ugly cave and I moved some rocks around. What I plan on doing is buying some more plants (btw the wisteria is ready showing growth!) that grow tall and I also plan on buying a piece of DW to replace the cave. I want tall background plants, any suggestions?!? :) they need to be low-moderate light.

For stock I finally decided on what I want and I don't think it's to demanding.

2 German blue rams
8 cherry barbs
4 spotted Cory's
1 albino Bn pleco

How does that sound ? :)

Of course, here's some pics :)

FTS

Gravel work with Anubias

Here's where the wisteria is and I plan on adding some water sprite next to it.

Here's where the cave is and is where ill put the DW

I plan on taking this out and putting some type of sword plant in its place.

What's some tall plants that grow quick? Also give me some aqua scape ideas if you have any good ones ! :)

Only thing I see that could possibly go wrong with stock is the 2 GBR, you could have aggression and territorial issues.

Warrior, it says you trim the water sprite same as the wisteria you have (Hygrophlia). That is, pull them up when they get too tall. Cut what you want from the bottom then replant the tops. You can replant some of the cut off bottoms to get more plants but they will look funky for awhile until the top branches out again. It says it has really good roots and is a great plant for keeping nitrates used up and out competing algae. Fert with a root tab or two and supplement with liquid fert. Hope this helps. OS.

Warrior, it says you trim the water sprite same as the wisteria you have (Hygrophlia). That is, pull them up when they get too tall. Cut what you want from the bottom then replant the tops. You can replant some of the cut off bottoms to get more plants but they will look funky for awhile until the top branches out again. It says it has really good roots and is a great plant for keeping nitrates used up and out competing algae. Fert with a root tab or two and supplement with liquid fert. Hope this helps. OS.

So is this how I should do it, I posted a pic

Say I wanted to curt off everything above the line. Would all i need to do is cut it there then replant what I cut off and it should grow. Roots ?

image-910999497.jpg

I wouldn't cut off that much. I think the general rule is about 50% of toal length. You need enough stem on the top to reroot well. How long in inches total are your plants? OS.

I wouldn't cut off that much. I think the general rule is about 50% of toal length. You need enough stem on the top to reroot well. How long in inches total are your plants? OS.

Not sure how many inches but I posted a pic. As you can see, it's curved a little at the top of the water. If like to trim it so that there is Atleast an inch from the tip of the plant to the top of the water.

image-46252065.jpg

Compliments warrior. Your sprite looks like it's in great shape. Looks really good! From what I can see, I'd cut about 3"-4" off the bottom and replant the tops. Then try planting the bottoms to get more plants. OS.

Compliments warrior. Your sprite looks like it's in great shape. Looks really good! From what I can see, I'd cut about 3"-4" off the bottom and replant the tops. Then try planting the bottoms to get more plants. OS.

So your saying I should cut from the bottom? Not the top?

Lucky you! Hopefully you get babies soon! I want my Bolivian rams to spawn sooo bad I can't stand it!

They've already spawned once but the eggs didn't hatch :) I have another pair in a different tank that just spawned yesterday so hopefully they'll hatch Friday or Saturday :)

They've already spawned once but the eggs didn't hatch :) I have another pair in a different tank that just spawned yesterday so hopefully they'll hatch Friday or Saturday :)

Also I've read it takes a few times for first time parents to get things right. Hope you have good luck with it!

Okay so I have an update on the tank :)

I went to Petco and returned the albino krib, and bout some plants!! Here's a full tank shot

image-582345020.jpg

Can't wait until they grow in!!!

The current play stock is

1 water wisteria
1 rotala indica
Several stems of ludwigia
1 Anubias on lava rock

I also spread out the gravel throughout the whole substrate :) what do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom