Concensus on Temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barronda79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I get an idea as to what the temp should be on a community tank?
Thank you
Dave

From what I have read. A fresh water community tank should sit at room temp. (about 18-24 degrees C)
A fresh water tank can sway in temp a fair bit as long the temp change doesn't happen in a short period of time.
General goldfish can live in water temp of 26 degrees C. (general trop tank temp) but need to be slowly introduced to that kind of climate. This will also slow your fresh water fish down a bit as the warmer the water the less o2.

I hope this helps.
Feel free to correct me if this is wrong!
It's info I have found while doing my research.

78 is where mine is as well. Its a tropical tank no GF. Anyone else?

I usually do 76-82F, Amazonian fish can go higher.

Higher temps usually means the tank needs to be better managed with higher quality food (higher quality food means lower waste) and more water changes (no slacking off).

Goldfish are fine in tropical temps. They have been introduced and become established in all the exact same ecosystems we get all of our tropical fish from (Tropical SE Asia, Africa, Middle East, and Amazonia). Effectively all are bred on tropical fish farms and are actually stressed by my fellow Americans taking them from that to their room temp tanks in homes with AC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom