Condy Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A clownfish is going to do whatever it likes to do. They sometimes don't even form such a relationship with bubble tips and other anemone that they do such with in the wild. As for a condy, they are not host anemone for clownfish.

I agree with you two I have yet to see a pic or video of any sort of fish hosting in a condy

However thanks for the input. Another question one of you may be able to answer is what kind of small live fish can I use to feed my panther grouper , he seems fixated on hunting live prey and fresh water goldfish or guppies die too fast when thrown in a salt water system... so... any no expensive recommendations ?

However thanks for the input. Another question one of you may be able to answer is what kind of small live fish can I use to feed my panther grouper , he seems fixated on hunting live prey and fresh water goldfish or guppies die too fast when thrown in a salt water system... so... any no expensive recommendations ?
It is a rare occasion that any clownfish specie will host in a Florida Condylactis Anemone, but it has happened. But it's like waiting for Halley's comet. once every 75 years. :^s I have had multiple experiences with wild Clownfish hosting in the Haitian Pink Tip anemone however. That is the Condylactis gigantea. So the same family as the Florida Condy but more present on reefs than the C passiflora ( Florida Condy).

As for feeder fish, some Mollies ( common Blacks and marbled sphenops) can come from brackish to salt waters and are easy to breed. Set up a tank for breeding those ( they are livebearers so nothing fancy is necessary) and you will have a non stop quantity of feeders. (y)

I'm far from an expert in terms of feeder fish in saltwater, and Andy here is much closer to such, but I seem to remember that something needed to be added to mollies for nutrition for some reason. Just something that is in the back of my head and I can't find any of my saved articles on stuff I don't normally deal with to prove such. Might be something to keep in mind? Don't know, just throwing it out into the wind.

I'm far from an expert in terms of feeder fish in saltwater, and Andy here is much closer to such, but I seem to remember that something needed to be added to mollies for nutrition for some reason. Just something that is in the back of my head and I can't find any of my saved articles on stuff I don't normally deal with to prove such. Might be something to keep in mind? Don't know, just throwing it out into the wind.

I'm not familiar with such article but I will say that, and this goes for all "feeder fish", the health of the feeder fish will determine their nutritional value. Crap in, crap out. Good in, good out. ;)I should add that there are multiple species of Mollies in the trade. The Molly species I mentioned are more vegetarian than omnivorous so they should be fed a higher amount of green algae foods over plain "flake" or non vegetable based foods. *
Adding some protein to their diets as well will do nothing but help bulk up the nutritional value of the fish. Making their diet mostly protein will not increase their value. So it's all in how you raise the feeder fish. (y)

* This came from an online article on feeding mollies in general:
Because molly fish are omnivorous, it means that meaty foods alone aren’t enough to keep them healthy, they also need foods with a high vegetable content.

Veggie pellets and tablets contain algae, spirulina and plankton, which are essential greens for your fish. High in vitamins and minerals, veggie pellets are a healthy snack that complements their diet.

Spirulina tablets have the added benefit of helping your fish develop beautiful colors and they protect the skin, fins, and tails of your fish from infections.

Back
Top Bottom