Confused about Anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was researching some plants online and found out that California can not sell Anacharis. The weird thing is that I went to petco and their selling it in their loose plant section.
Is it only certain Anacharis in CA or did I read that wrong? I believe it was on liveaquaria saying they can't ship or sell it in CA.

Some states require that a certificate (forget the name of it) must be purchased before you can import and sell certain species of plants (and animals). Maybe Petco has paid the fees, filed the paperwork and greased the palms that allow them to sell it but LiveAquaria has not. There are even some online retailers that require YOU to purchase the certificate before they can/will ship it to you.

blert said:
Some states require that a certificate (forget the name of it) must be purchased before you can import and sell certain species of plants (and animals). Maybe Petco has paid the fees, filed the paperwork and greased the palms that allow them to sell it but LiveAquaria has not. There are even some online retailers that require YOU to purchase the certificate before they can/will ship it to you.

Ok that makes sense.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom