Confused!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 160 litre tank, and the water is perfect, ie ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels where they should be. The problem is, the fish are all at the top trying to breathe the air? I've carried out two water changes and still nothing. The tank is planted if that helps. Do I need an oxygen stone perhaps?

What are your exact readings?

What is the temperature?

How long has the tank been set up and cycled?

What do you have in the tank for stock?

Two mollies, to platties and an otocinclus, and some random snails. The water is 25C and the water readings are all around 0ppm. It's been running just over a month.

How big were your water changes? If the tank has been set up for a month and is cycled, you should show a nitrate reading higher than 0. Regardless, there is something wrong. If you have plants and you only have a few fish, you shouldn't be having any issues unless there is something wrong with the new water. I would do a 50% water change and see what happens. If that doesn't help, do another, tomorrow.

Two mollies, to platties and an otocinclus, and some random snails. The water is 25C and the water readings are all around 0ppm. It's been running just over a month.

Okay, "around 0 ppm" is not "0". If your tank is cycled, you should have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and <20 nitrates. How do your numbers fit in there?

How did you cycle the tank? What test kit?

Back
Top Bottom