Convict tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok then..... So about 5 tiger barbs, 3 convicts(2f 1m) and a rainbow shark..... The shark only eat alge wafers not flakes idk y

For a 40 breeder one pair of convicts and a school of larger tetra or danios, like Ivan said would be just fine. I would not recommend putting barbs, gouramis or the shark in there, keep it simple.

You have gotten plenty of good ideas and suggestions in the previous 8-10 posts you have made about the same theoretical tank. I have a feeling you will end up doing whatever you want, good luck with your tank.

Aye, the shark might cause issues come breeding time. The second female might do ok as a target if there is LOTS of cover, but she might also get wasted in a 40. Most of my convict breeding in "community" tanks took place in a 125, which has twice the room in terms of floor space - and a breeding pair of any archocentrus (sorry couldn't remember the new genus) will keep much larger cichlids on their toes - never mind another of the same size.

Back
Top Bottom