Convict very aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chavis.jermel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a neighbor of mine is moving and had a 60 gallon tank with 4 cichlids in there 2 convicts and two other which I didn't know. he knows I am a beginner and keep a tank and ask me did I want them as I already have a lot on my hands I replied no too them all but I would take one of the convicts not both cus I know they spawn like crazy and I have enough minnow and platy fry on my hands I only have one running tank at the moment so she had too go in my main tank and she's so aggressive I have small cover of elodea for fry too hide in she's chowing away and being mean too any fish who come by can anyone tell me if I should move her is she gonna kill the other fish did a little research and wanted some forum feedback also

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

A convict really isn't a good mix with minnows and platys. should be at least a 40 breeder 36"x18" or a 4ft tank.

A convict really isn't a good mix with minnows and platys. should be at least a 40 breeder 36"x18" or a 4ft tank.
I know those are not the most ideal tank mates but I jus need to no if you think I should rush too move her or will she be OK for a week or two while I get a new tank set up for her

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Honestly only she knows. These cichlids have their own personality. I have had one central go bezerk after 5 months of no problem and kill an entire tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom