Convict's First Go at a Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This just really amazes me. The color and growth of these guys.

These were both purchased from Jeta, so I gotta give credit where credit is due. Outstanding plants and they got here in great shape!! And without Janis I'm SURE they wouldn't be looking so KILLER!!

Notice the intake in the background.

img_2474415_0_3197457c026eb20f20f160f740790a9a.jpg

img_2474415_1_4963a544d0b97ffd9f6f83139624a244.jpg

img_2474415_2_62f98cd1011d45e95053538e682b8587.jpg

img_2474415_3_7c444ce7ee064474b8f1dd1d3381fe0e.jpg

img_2474415_4_825db1032f81d9fdeb21280e4be81360.jpg

img_2474415_5_114b7499479910bd1c2eee7767cedd30.jpg

img_2474415_6_7886d8129671b6e7aaf5c474bd25b18d.jpg

I feel like these two will talking one night going "feed me Dino!! Feed me!!"

Get it? lol Little Shop Of Horrors....

This just really amazes me. The color and growth of these guys.

These were both purchased from Jeta, so I gotta give credit where credit is due. Outstanding plants and they got here in great shape!! And without Janis I'm SURE they wouldn't be looking so KILLER!!

Notice the intake in the background.

I feel like these two will talking one night going "feed me Dino!! Feed me!!"

Get it? lol Little Shop Of Horrors....

That was a crazy movie. Plants look awesome!

Whelp... Just ordered more Blyxa Japonica from Jeta's site Peabody's Paradise. Hopefully this batch does better. Can't wait!! Got 6!! YEAH BUDDY!!

I had the same problem, con. From what I've read around, it's pretty common. I ordered ten stems and within a few days all the leaves were melting. I ended up trimming the majority of the leaves and just let them chill. All 10 stems bounced back and are now thriving. Just be careful when planting, and maybe use some of your plant weights, as they take awhile to root and love to float! :) good luck bud, as long as the stems themselves don't melt, they should come back! :)

Yeah, they will usually bounce back. Once established the stuff grows like, well, a weed :)

I love that plant, maybe I will get one for my tank. :)

How have the shrimps been doing? :)

Yeah this thing is nuts lol. I'm serious it's like that plant from Little Shop of Horrors. Got it from Jeta btw... Shrimp are doing GREAT!! One just molted again. Just saw one before when I fed.

Mine got so big at one point I had to cut about 2/3 of the leaves off. It was probably 15" tall (that was submerged leaves) and at least that wide if not more. Eventually you'll have to cut it to size when it tries to take over and push out your other plants... little shop of horrors!

Is that what those Lilly bulbs from wal mart turn into there nymphea...(spelled that one wrong I think lol)...something bulbs it says on the package red or green.

Hi there! You plants are truly enviable!!!! I can do that in my garden (outside) but will never be able to achieve this level without the equipment and knowledge needed. The latter would not be much of an issue as learning about something you love. My limitations come from the equipment part. But that's ok, I still enjoy my low tech little tank and my plants, and fish who love them too. Whenever I need to look at the real beauty I can just check out the forum here. Yours and some others are pretty amazing and bring the viewers lots of joy. Keep posting. I still have yet to figure out how to do that (post pics) and right now dealing with sick fish. Once my sweet boy gets better maybe I can start studying the picture posting some more and let you guys see what I have. Not much and still work in progress but it is a true labor of love

Back
Top Bottom