Convict's First Go at a Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is looking good. Lots of color! Obviously in good hands during your absence. If you cut the banana plant floating leaf leaving 2-3" of the stem remaining, then it should produce baby plants. Not sure if you have room for more of those.

Tank is looking good. Lots of color! Obviously in good hands during your absence. If you cut the banana plant floating leaf leaving 2-3" of the stem remaining, then it should produce baby plants. Not sure if you have room for more of those.

Really I'd love to try that. So cut under the floating leaf? Or at the bottom?

img_2497878_0_3fc80dad251702e7fc3b10230de3175f.png

Welcome home! Thought about you last night when the tornado roared right by us!

The plants are looking really good! Your wife did a good job. I like the last collage of pic's!

Really I'd love to try that. So cut under the floating leaf? Or at the bottom?

Leave 2-3" of stem on the floating leaf. But you could wait to the floating leaf grows a bit more. Sometimes it will start sprouting roots and plantlets along the edge of the floating leaf.

Looks amazing. Haven't checked back in a while. Re-doing my 25 gal, hoping it will look better than last time!

Hey Dino! Glad you're back! I just now have internet back. It, phone and TV were down since early Sat morn. It was like being camped in the RV out in the boonies. LOL
Your tank still looks great. Guess you're going to have to take the wife out for a nice dinner for keeping your tank well. (Setting you up, buddy! Hee Hee). How did things go in OK? Did you get caught by the second rash of storms Fri. nite? Take care, OS.

Hey dino how's your plants doin did they grow out of the tank and eat you in your sleep or something? Been awhile.

Just been busy lol. Tank is good! I'll post pics today when lights come on. I trimmed I think 3-4 times already. Pictures coming around 4pm.

Back
Top Bottom