convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
At my lfs has two convicts that were brrought in from some one else they have been there six month and no one has taken them.they are only 3. When i went tgere the owner said he was just goingto pop themin the freezer... ahhh i cnt let that happen my newest 55 isnt cycled yet jus set up last wed. Now my ? Is if i do 50% water changes a day wud they make it threw cycle? Id hate for them to be thrown in freezer. He said hed give me till end of the day to decide i just wanted to ask here first. I could put my filter chartradge from other 55 if that wud help? I jus wanna save em from the freezer

By using some media from your other tank, you should have an almost instant cycle. Just constantly check your parameters, and do pwc's as needed. They should be ok, as long as you stay on top of it.

What I would do if I was you is to start reading up on fish-in cycling and go from there. It sounds like you are willing to be dedicated so just read up on it. I don't have a link but you could Google it.

If you go to the main page of he website, under articles, freshwater, is an awesome guide posted by Jetajockey. It will answer all your questions. I haven't figured out how to "repost" it on my iPad yet.

Crawdaddy said:
Thank you. One day I'll figure this fancy tech out :)

Not sure how to do it on a iPad but all I do is open two browsers and copy the address bar and paste where ever you want.

Hope that article helps

ForumRunner_20120828_144429.jpg

Heres a pic of them sorry for poorness tablet dnt do to well with movement.. lol they cnt get enough swimming they were only in a 10 at lfs

ForumRunner_20120828_144443.jpg

Them seem to b ok for now i took the filter cartarige outta my other 55 n put it on this one i also tested water imma do water testing twice a day till i know its good and water changes wen ever needed. So glad i could stop them from being frozen. Wen my oldest son got home he fed them each a molly fry ugh he never asks befor doing things but they ate em they seem very freindly to which is why i wanted them when ever some one walks up to the tank they come up to the top front and will follow if u walk by tank. Im researching now but does any one have any idea like from experince what kinda tank mates would be good for them or should it be only them

HUKIT (yelling out to him lol)

He is very knowledgeable (almost to much lol) about these type of fish and imo would be the one I'd ask for help. Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Two should be fine in a 55g, don't know how it's going to work out when two pair up if there is male female mix, might be trouble for the gooseberry, not sure if it would be better if there was two females and one male, what sex are they?

Last edited:
I have no idea the sex if there is a problem i will take one to my friend in VA her oscar passed away after 11 yrs :-( but im in pa so it will be a last resort but i am keeping a close eye on them as well as my 5 yr old they are in his room :) and they love the attetion of him being at the tank.

So put the cartartage from other 55in and this morning my levels were .25,0,20 yay. Now because i put new cartartge in other 55 is that gunna cause mini cycle?

Jbaygurl78745 said:
So put the cartartage from other 55in and this morning my levels were .25,0,20 yay. Now because i put new cartartge in other 55 is that gunna cause mini cycle?

Possibly. You will just have to watch your prams closely

Back
Top Bottom