Cool Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cories are one of the most laid back fish in the world! They're awesome fish. The only worry with a fish like them is if they were with an aggressive fish.

So they'll be fine with guppies and platys.

Agree, corys should not be a problem, on the contrary they can be a little shy.... But great to have in a community tank in my opinion.

how much do they cost usually and what colors/varietys

The dwarf cories that stay small enough for your tank would be hasbrosus and pygmaeus, those are the tiny guys that may be harder to find, and there's julii or even panda that would be OK and are easier to find. Price varies, my petco charges 4.99 I believe for the julii, my mom & pop lfs charges 6.99...I see them online for much less so there's no telling what it will be in your area. If you see the cheaper albino or green ones and think of getting them instead..remember these get way to big for your tank. I would go with 4 dwarf cories for your size tank. Substrate is important with these guys. No sharp gravel or it will destroy their barbels and they will starve to death.

That's good to know about ballon bellies... I won't be getting any of those later on lol

Dwarf gouramis and chiclids:) edit- they r not crossbred with anythingng I was just posting gem as cool and pretty fish. Sry ini confused u. :)

IMO most cichlids get to big for a 20. However I disagree with the 20 being to small for mollies or swordtails, platties can be jjust as big and none of my mollies have been large. I have good filtration and do good maintaince.

I have a long finned peppered Cory really cool and the Julie cories are beautiful, and I agree very friendly and fun fish to watch

Back
Top Bottom