Coral lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbailey92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on starting a 20h salt tank with coral in it. I was wondering if Anyone has had any luck with the current USA orbit LEDs. What corals could I grow with just one and would adding a second really change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 will allow you to keep softies and maybe a few types of low light lps, and the money you spend on 2 would be the same as buying a quality lighting unit that would definitely allow you to keep sps ( I'm personally still doubtful about keeping sps under 2 orbits) like a kessil or eco tech

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just got the current orbit marine 24"led for the 20 gallon high I 'm setting up now.You will be able to keep just about all but the few sps that need extreme light.In fact you will have to dial the whites back quite a bit on a 20h.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The whites don't give out much more par than the blues...I wonder why people think they are stronger..oh..that's right- it's because you are human beings and not photosynthetic creatures. meanwhile, 18-23 watts, depending on which 24" fixture you choose, may not allow you to keep whatever you want. This would mean 9 to 18 watts per foot. I hope someone will prove me wrong and show me the beautiful sps that produces.

The whites give off the same amount of light as blues, they don't penetrate the water as well as the blues do.........the whites reds and greens scatter........the blue does not, thats why we see the ocean as blue............

Back
Top Bottom