coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to get some more contestants on the POTM contest than last month! Get those cameras out and submit a pic! I won last month with this one.

img_2774162_0_2530248dd8266b14a11af14be808bb6f.jpg

Link:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f134/january-2014-saltwater-potm-contest-291527.html

This is my hammer coral I took a pic of the other day. It measures 16 inches across.

View attachment 214329

wow thats awesome I got a single head 2 years ago fraged it 6X already
now I have 6 of them with 4 heads each mine seem to just keep multiplying as I cut them into single heads and they seem to grow faster
I love it now I can add them into my new 90g as one big colony

I have seen many photos of some amazing corals on this thread and have to ask what you guys are taking the pics with? Everytime I take a picture it ends up being washed out with blue light and the true color isn't really shown.

I've heard of trick where you put yellow celephane in front of the camera to cancel out a lot of the blue effect from actinic lighting, haven't tried it personally so I'm not sure how well it works but could be worth a shot

I have seen many photos of some amazing corals on this thread and have to ask what you guys are taking the pics with? Everytime I take a picture it ends up being washed out with blue light and the true color isn't really shown.

I use my canon elph 16.1 mp. (nothing fancy) To edit i use pixlr.com. You can go to 'color balance' and turn the blue down. Thats what i use. Very simple and you dont have to download anything. Actinics can be very difficult to shoot under. Im still learning! Lol.

I use my iPhone also and my pics are washed in blue. Do you use the camera app that comes with or do you use a downloaded one?

Was recommended by a reefer on a next forum it's something that camera guys used back in the day it comes on sheets was cut to fit in front cam a friend of mine got it and gave me some.

Back
Top Bottom