Coralife 65 Skimmer Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i woke up this morning to a noise i hadnt heard before and my gf says what is the noise so i go over to the tank and think right off the bat something is going on with the skimmer ..... and after some investigation i find that the skimmer is leaking onto a plastic bag below my tank that is making the noise .. so i unplug it to top the leak ..... i figured out where it was too ... its through the vent hole on the output tube ..... so i messed with it a bit and pluged it back in and now its not leaking .. but is it because my water is so low or what? .... but now im mixing a 5gal bucket of some water so i can do a PWC because i lost about a gallon or two of water due to the leak ..... help .... i knew i would run into something ... also are you supposed to keep the output thing above the water line ...... so when i fill my tank back up with new water fully that will cause it to go under the water because of the way it hangs on the back of the tank .... so do i need to raise the skimmer up that way its out of the water some cause if i dont wont all the bubbles just go into the tank .... i really wanna get this working so any advice is helpful .... thanks

Ray

I have the same skimmer as you and had that problem the first day that I got it. In my instance, the vent hole was shooting water out because the water level was too high in the cup. Try adjusting the water levels on the pump and the red dial on the skimmer itself. If that doesn't work, I just wound up putting some extra tubing on the vent hole and directed it back into the tank. HTH.........

Ok i did that and that will stop it from leaking but now i feel i need to raise the skimmer up because i dont wanna keep my water level in my tank that low so that it is under the lip of the box thing .... and if i have the water level at max like i like it bubbles just go all over my tank ? ... thanks

Ray

I have the same skimmer and had the same problem, and found that if I keep my water level just to the lip of the diffuser box it works great. How long have you had your skimmer? It took me about 3 months to get it adjusted just right. I had micro bubbles real bad and then once I had it adjusted correctly they went away. Also make sure that the white pad in the diffuser is rinsed out every 1 to 2 weeks, I noticed when I let mine go any longer than that I will get the micro bubbles again, and if the pad is to dirty go to PetSmart and get the polishing pads for the Fluval cansiter filters. Just make sure before useing them that you rinse it first. If you need any further help you can send me a PM.
Best of luck to you
Jan

Back
Top Bottom