Coralife Super Skimmer HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I decided to ditch the sea clone finally, and picked up the Coralife Super Skimmer.

I went to hook it up, got it hung on my tank, but when I plug it in the collection cup fills up with water in about 10 seconds. I fiddled with the nob in a bunch of different positions and it still wont slow down the rate of overflow into the collection cup.

Any help would be super.

opening the return valve all the way and then dumbing it back until the H2O level is right at that little bend on the bottom part of the skimmer is the only thing I can think of...... you didn't happen to cut the intake tube to short did you?

From what Ive read it can take a while for one of these to break in..
It seems a hot water bath helps to get the oils and such from manifacturing off the arcylic and helps..
your output is not under the water line right?
and how close it the pump to the surfase of the water? (the closer the better)

I don't have a Coraline, but my new EuroReef took about a week and a half before it started working properly. Just give it some more time to settle into it's groove.

The return cup is above the water line, and the intake is about 5-6 inches below the water line. The piece of tubing to connect the pump to the skimmer that came with it was about 5 inches long.

I'll fiddle with it monday when I dont have to work.

Back
Top Bottom