Corals and Disks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OniTweak

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went to Mr. Coral today for the buy one get on free sale and picked up some GSP and also some Green Frogspawn. Was just curious do I remove them form the disk and glue them to the LR or do I just glue the disk.

If I remove them how do I go about doing it?

The GSP you can and should leave on the disk. The frogspawn it is up to you. The skeleton of the frogspawn is very brittle and if it is glued well it could break if you try and remove it.

Will the frogspawn eventually take over the disk? It is pretty small currently but everything I've read says it will grow like crazy.

I would leave both on the disk. It wont hurt to stay on and later on you can use rock to hold the disk down to other rock. Too much chance of damage if you try to pull it off.

The skeleton of the frogspawn will not "spread" the polyps/tentacles of the frogspawn is what grows from the skeleton. So in short no it wont take over the disk. I have frogspawn and what I did was epoxy the base of the skeleton to the rock work. If you can deal with the plug I say leave it alone. As I said the skeleton is very brittle and will break if you apply too much pressure.

The disk already has a lot of coralline algae on it and actually looks pretty nice so leaving it isn't to bad.

Back
Top Bottom