Corals :S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a sump isn't going to fix your problem (saw the new thread)... Your foundation is bad, adding a new room buys you time but eventually...............

Well according to the 1" = 4 gallons with the fish I have in that sized aquarium I still would have 3.69 gallons left so I could still have one more 1" fish ?

Well I'm sorry but I can't see how it's over stocked because like I say I've followed the rule and I've seen more fish in tanks with corals so I don't understand :/?

But those people were not doing it right. For they are overstocked. The fish will be fine for a dew weeks but once the get big the will start fighting which will lead to death.

First.. the "rule"/guideline you're following is generally used for FW.
Second, if you followed rules then you'd have seen that your angel and tang need a much bigger tank (by rule). Third you'd have seen that they also are known coral nippers.
Fourth (and I really shouldn't but...) are you going to get rid of the fish as soon as they grow and break the 1" rule?

Anyway, best of luck

Why you getting loud for you it's only fish and I'm just trying I'm only 15 at least I'm tryin but I expect your tanks perfect you've never made a mistake have ya ? Yea that's what I thought

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you seek advice for the purpose of telling everyone you are right anyway and they are wrong? Nobody's tank is "perfect", but with the combined knowledge available here, it helps a lot to LISTEN!!! I bet you bought your tank, salt, corals, and fish all on the same day. As for your age, don't hide behind it, because I have gotten help from plenty of teens on here who do true research into what they are doing!!!

Put nitro floss in your filter, it works really well and you can wash/re-use it, u can get it from any good website, it really reduced mine

Also if you're going by the 1"/4gal rule, in clowns alone you're looking at 4 fish times 3 inches, times 4 gallons
4x3x4=48 you have 12 gallons for the rest of your fish combined.... yet you say it is not overstocked?
angels are deep body fish and as such would require more.
people here are just trying to help you. Nobody was beating you down cuz your 15, it doesn't matter what your age is... everyone new to the hobby has a learning curve! Many of us have made mistakes, but just because you don't like the answer you're getting doesn't mean you have to get upset. Either you can take the advice and have healthy fish or you can leave it try your hand at corals and see what happens. The only thing we can do is advise you, we can't make you take your fish back or get a bigger tank or any of that stuff. If you listen to those who have made your mistakes and are trying to let you know it's a bad deal, your fish will be much happier and your job as their keeper will be easier.

All the fish are babies so the clown ain't even an inch :/

But all your fish are going to grow, and with that growth will come aggression due to lack of space. That and the bioload causes by these fish are going to screw your parameters like they already are starting to. That's what everyones trying to say here.

it doesn't matter what size they are currently, when figuring for your tank size you use adult measurements... unless you plan on buying several tanks in order to keep up with growth.
The best practice is to be able to house the adult size of the fish you want, or upgrade your aquarium to one that will work for your pets.

the pet store you bought your fish from (if they care about customers) may buy the fish that are too big for your tank back from you, some only give store credit but if your lookin for corals-theres your coral money!
If they wont you can call some others in the area, they may be looking to steal some a customer from the competition by offering better customer service, you will almost assuredly end up with store credit in this situation though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom