Cory Cat Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pickles12807

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a school of 5 albino cory cats 3 days ago and they seem to be doing great so far, but I'm a little intrigued with their behavior. They don't seem to stay on the bottom too much, they tend to spend most of their time in the top 1/2, swimming from one side of the tank to the other.

They aren't actually going to the surface, so I don't think it's an oxygen problem. My water parameters are all normal, so I was just wondering if this is normal behavior?

It's super cute, but just want to make sure it's not abnormal since they're bottom dwelling fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They're in a 20 gallon long.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Drop some sinking pellets in! That'll get them to "sink"!!!!!!

Yes, it is true what they say, Cory are all over the place normally. Basically they continually move about at all times once they are settled in. If the water tests come back clear it's happy days for both you and the fish.

It's normal. They seem to be a bit more all over the place when I first add them and then settle down, but it depends. My trilineatus, panda, and metae all hang primarily on the bottom but my rabauti and aenus are always flying all over the tank :)

My pandas have spurts of flying every which way and playing in the strong filter flow. If I put an airstone in for whatever reason they start swimming through the bubbles like crazy too. I think they're just playful little buggers - love em!

Back
Top Bottom