Cory cat wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callmemr.joey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've tried many things such as sinking pellets, flake food , and freeze dried bloodworms.

I have a 10g and here's what's in it:

3-guppies
1-platy
1-Pleco
1-Cory cat
4-assassin snails

The Pleco is super super overstocking you, especially if it a common Pleco you should look into rehoming him. That could be causing problems with your water quality. Another possibility is that the Cory is nervous and intimidated because he's the only one and they are very social.

I might try to get another cory cat and my plan with the pleco was to sell it for more once it gets bigger because, I got it for a buck and its still only 4 inches

You should have at least 4 cories. I had only one after a few of mine died, and he wouldn't even move because he was alone. I bought 4 more, put them in, and he was swimming all over the place happy as a bug. Also, a Cory is more prone to disease if its alone...

I might try to get another cory cat and my plan with the pleco was to sell it for more once it gets bigger because, I got it for a buck and its still only 4 inches

To be honest, no one will want to buy a grown pleco. People who house common plecos normally have HUGE tanks, your better of selling it now so someone can raise it. You got it for a steal at a buck

To be honest, no one will want to buy a grown pleco. People who house common plecos normally have HUGE tanks, your better of selling it now so someone can raise it. You got it for a steal at a buck

Pleco sales for $1 are pretty common. I would get rid of it..the bioload they produce for that small of a tank could and eventually will hurt your whole tank.

Get at least 2 more cories of the same type..doesn't HAVE to be but it helps. I have 3 in my tank, and they are very social and always stick together. Adding a 4th would just overstock you more, even though cories have small bioloads.

Pleco sales for $1 are pretty common. I would get rid of it..the bioload they produce for that small of a tank could and eventually will hurt your whole tank.

Get at least 2 more cories of the same type..doesn't HAVE to be but it helps. I have 3 in my tank, and they are very social and always stick together. Adding a 4th would just overstock you more, even though cories have small bioloads.

Huh, never seen a pleco go for that price around here. Usually $5 and up

Huh, never seen a pleco go for that price around here. Usually $5 and up

Commons go for sale for that at my petsmart (WI)..I know my brother in TX has them there sometimes for that too.

I just checked their site too and they're $3 and not on sale.

Maybe I'm thinking of the bristlenoses. Plus by me they are pretty large like 5 inches or more

Bought my BN from Petsmart when it was 1in. for like 2 bucks. They just started carrying them around here.

I would suggest selling the Pleco and getting atleast 4 more corycats. I have 5 pandas and they were all together at the pet store... knowing that they need to school, I bought all of them rather than split them up. Safe to say they are happy and doing very well. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom