Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not overstocked. That is ridiculous. It is 6 gallons with plenty of room and only has 2 cory catfish in

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's not overstocked. That is ridiculous. It is 6 gallons with plenty of room and only has 2 cory catfish in

I'm sorry that that's not what you wanted to hear, but it is not ridiculous.

It really is

I have done an awful lot

A lot of people jump on the band wagon and just copy what people say and not actually try things for themselves and will just read what some people say and just say it themselves

Hahaha well let's just see how many people agree with you.

Look it's your tank - you can do whatever you want with it.

There is stuff you can keep in a ten gallon like

Dwarf frogs
Zebra fish
Ghost/charry shrimp
Guppies
Honey gourami
Betta
Shell cichlid

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I have a 14 gallon. I'm wanting to change the substrate next month

Can you put the corys in there

I would but the gravel is big and sharpish

Can you get sand and ps the post above is for five gallon fish not ten

I do want sand. I may be making that change next month or if not sand then very fine black gravel.

A lot of people jump on the band wagon and just copy what people say and not actually try things for themselves and will just read what some people say and just say it themselves

A lot of people also have a lot of experience keeping these fish. Shame that you think so little of the people you come to asking for help.

Have you tried seeing what aqadvisor.com has to say about your stocking? You might be a little surprised that what we are saying is not ridiculous.

You threw a heavy bioload into an uncycled tank. You can't fix that issue by adding more...and if you've truly researched as you've said you've done, any site would have confirmed this. If not, I would be interested to read the information that you have found.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I will not be adding another cory. I will be adding a betta though and no more

I mean for the ten gallon

Clearly you aren't understanding the concept of overstocking a nano tank. Because that is what a 6.5 gallon is. Nor are your researching species. Cherry barbs and cories all enjoy larger numbers of their own kind. Something your tank can NOT support.

Moreover, Adding a Betta is again asking for trouble. Bettas and cherry barbs are not a good mix. Barbs are nippy and a bettas fins will be in season the second you add one. Additionally, bettas are still a fish that produce waste and you will STILL be overstocked.

Wait until your tank is cycled. Grab some ghost shrimp or a snail and call it a day. Or be kind and rehome the fish you clearly didn't research, do some reading on nano species, and restock your tank with fish whose needs you can support.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cherry barbs are not as nippy as some other barbs. They would likely be fine with a betta, provided a larger tank (20+) and sufficient school size (10+). Keeping them together in a small school in a small tank is definitely a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom