Cory curse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, lost that last little Cory. My water parameters remained excellent (0,0,5), i had lowered the water temp. to 78° and the sand had been stirred. Short of nuking my tank with antibiotics I think I am done with Cories until when and if I switch the substrate to pool filter sand and Eco-complete.

My other fish remain healthy and thriving. I just added a school of Harlequin Raspboras and they're doing great.

Thanks for troubleshooting this with me folks. I appreciate it.

I think there is something other fish carry in that they are carriers but not effected. only the cories. Because if you are Deep cleaning and keep the Substrate clean. I could not keep cories, Pandas specifically. I discovered one pet store must have been hidden danger lurking under the surface of the fish. Every time I added a new fish, i'd lose a cory. I stopped going to that store for months. Then got my cories from another store. I didn't add anything but Dipped decontaminated plants. I still have one little cory from that group. Try another store, and clean the heck out of the sand. Might I suggest some Malaysian trumpets snails? They seem to eat junk under my sand too. plus algae! Now its a paradise. i have a trio of pandas, 1 albino, 1 pepper, bunch of rescues. Try a different species!

I just ordered MTS from a user here so I hope that will help. I may try Cories again but not the albinos. Those just can't make it in my tank.

I think the mystery was solved. I'm thinking my Angels killed them. I just added 12 Harlequin Raspboras, keeping the waters pristine at 0,0, 5. Over several days I found a few dead without any visible problems and most of the rest plain "missing". I'm thinking my Angels ate them or bullied them to death.

Back
Top Bottom