cory eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was getting some java moss off of my filter intake today and think I might have found a surprise. It looks like there is an egg of some sort on my moss ball. The only egg layers in my tank are cories and shrimp. It couldn't be the shrimp so it has to be the cories. I wasn't trying to breed, but do you think its an egg? If so what shul I do in order to raise
it? I don't know how to upload a pic from my phone. If someone told me I probably could though.

To upload from a phone take the pick the when i are wrighting in the right hand corner there is a plus tap go from there

P. S. Im on a phone to

Are you using the app? Because when I am on the app I can't find where to post in the first place.

I just leave my corys alone to do their thing. They lay their eggs on the tank walls and in the moss. When the fry hatches out, after about 4 days, it will stay in the moss to keep safe until it feels it's large enough to come out and hang with the rest of them. It will consume the micro nutrients in the moss as well as any finely crushed algae wafer bits it can get.

LyndaB said:
I just leave my corys alone to do their thing. They lay their eggs on the tank walls and in the moss. When the fry hatches out, after about 4 days, it will stay in the moss to keep safe until it feels it's large enough to come out and hang with the rest of them. It will consume the micro nutrients in the moss as well as any finely crushed algae wafer bits it can get.

Will they eat the detritus or do I need to put bbs in

I never fed the fry specifically. They ate micronutrients until they were old enough to eat finely crushed algae flakes, now they're eating wafers.

Do Cories breed only with their kind, i.e. Emerald, or Julii, Gold Striped, I have a couple different kinds, or do they mix it up?

How super exciting to have baby Cories!!!

Back
Top Bottom