Cory Fry HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww, so cute :) I will try next time when mine lay eggs

New albino cory eggs

Well I just pulled some more eggs. All I had is a large bowl with a bubbler in a sponge. We will see what happens.

This is the lone survivor from last time, a beautiful bronze!

Attachments

• image-448068503.jpg
    image-448068503.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 98
Nice to see a pic of the little one, precious, hope you get a bunch!

Well, I bought an Evolve 4 for the eggs and when this is done it will be my work desktop aquarium.

We will see…

Mary

Attachments

• image-2031879525.jpg
    image-2031879525.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2722598110.jpg
    image-2722598110.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 81
My last batch of eggs have delivered at least 10 baby albino cory cats! It was hard to count because they are so small.

This was my 6th batch and 3rd ones to survive.

So far only two. The rest of the eggs got fungus--in spite of medication.

I not at all set up for breeding fish, but since the one survived from last time (left in the community tank), I thought I would give it a try.

Once these are grown I will have to leave it up to chance.

In the mean time I learn another lesson in fish keeping.

(((Sorry, I had problems with photos, ignore the second two photos.)))
image-3258621472.jpg

Attachments

• image-4099486657.jpg
    image-4099486657.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image-114156989.jpg
    image-114156989.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hi. Do any of you have any tricks for getting Cory cats to spawn? I got one female with two males, it looks like, and the female is rather fat. She laid eggs once when I was gone, but none of them hatched. Now she's fat again. I have fed bloodworms for the past two days, frozen ones last night before a cool water change. I did a cool water change again tonight. The males seem to get quite aroused, but the female doesn't react. She will pretty much go to the other side of the tank and ignore them. Right now, they're all swimming together, but not like in YouTube videos I've seen where they're all on top of each other. Does anyone have any tricks to get them to go?

Catnip

Hi. Do any of you have any tricks for getting Cory cats to spawn? I got one female with two males, it looks like, and the female is rather fat. She laid eggs once when I was gone, but none of them hatched. Now she's fat again. I have fed bloodworms for the past two days, frozen ones last night before a cool water change. I did a cool water change again tonight. The males seem to get quite aroused, but the female doesn't react. She will pretty much go to the other side of the tank and ignore them. Right now, they're all swimming together, but not like in YouTube videos I've seen where they're all on top of each other. Does anyone have any tricks to get them to go?

I fed bloodworms after a PWC... and peas.

Breeding net box

I moved the fry into the tank with the "parents" who are trying mightily to get to them. Sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 42
First Bites

Hikari makes First Bites food for babies, comes in a bright green zip bag/pouch. Also I have heard from a guy who raises the Albino Cories, and he uses a TetraMin product for fry, can't say exact name. Yellow plastic jar, red twist off top and writing on the label.

How exciting, I hope they thrive! I would think tiny amounts several times a day.

Following and waiting for some pics, too!

Yes, I have First Bites from the first baby cory.

Back
Top Bottom