Corydoras Aeneus w/ Brochis Splendis???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 1 Brochis Splendis (Emerald Green "Cory") and cannot locate more. (Liveaquaria has been out for 4 months. ) My LFS will be getting Corydoras Aneus (Bronze Cory) in soon.

They closely resemble each other except for the dorsal fin. Should I try to school my Emerald with the Bronze or just wait until I can find more Emerald?

My Emerald seems pretty happy. He "dances" all over the place.

Brochis splendens • Callichthyidae • Cat-eLog

Corydoras aeneus • Callichthyidae • Cat-eLog

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

I have 4 emerald cories(tho they might be bronze) I have 5 schwartzi cories, and 3 panda cories(1 didnt make the move) and sometimes, I have a giant catfish shoal, sometimes they split off, but they normally stay with themselves* pandas with pandas and etc). So Yeah, the one you have now would be happy with more, but he'd be happier if you could get more of himself, which I realize isnt necessarily possible. Buddies of any sort are preferable Id imagine.

That's got to be breathtaking when they form a shoal!!! ( Any pics?)

Yeah. I'm very undecided. I QT for 6 weeks. So, I have 4 weeks left to decide B/c I have 3 sparkling gouramis in the 5.5 QT tank, with 2 cycled filters. So, if emeralds come in, I could order & set up another QT.

What are the personality differences of your diff cory? I know false julii are super active and jumpers... I'd love to know about panda and Schwartz; And, how your emeralds act?

Personally, I have no issue blending cory species. I do agree that they generally will prefer their own species, but I have had a similar issue as you where I ended up with some spares of different species and never could add more of that species. It was never a big deal at all. I have found that species who resemble each other will often shoal up anyways. They don't fight over territory or anything. So, I suspect the other cories are just there as dither fish that make them feel more comfortable. I would just go ahead and get the bronze ones and see how it goes.

Thank you, Pamiam and ansoluteangel! Tomorrow morning, I'm going to call The wet spot and order the emerald. (I'm using a phone and it's not opening correctly to order; I need a real computer). That would be wonderful if I could get them! And, if I can't I'll just get the other ones when they come in at the LFS.

Hi,
How did everything work out?
I always had trouble finding the corys I want and end up with oddballs. I've never ordered fish online before and I'm fully stocked at the moment. I have one panda which I snapped up thinking I was increasing my group. I came to realize what I had in my tank were bandits..whoops! I also have one trilineatus, two rabauti, and 11 aenus. I've also kept albinos but haven't had much luck health wise with them. Post some pics if you can!

Thank you for asking.

The emerald "cory", turned out to be a bronze cory. But, I already bought 4 real true emerald "cory" when I found out.

2 real emeralds are in with the bronze and they are always together.

The other 2 are in extended QT until Halloween. ( I might have shared something from the other QT tank where the fish had [and died or were euthanized] VHS. )

After my danio are schooled, I might get 1more bronze cory. But, no rush. He seems happy.

Back
Top Bottom