cotton growths on jaguar cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRT83

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 7" male jaguar cichlid has 1 very small cotton growth on the tip of his right pectoral fin and just got 2 new ones on his left fin when I came home from work tonight. Water parameters as of Sunday night before a 25% water change were about what they usually are...
125 gallon tank
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 10
pH- 8
Temp- 80
He is the only fish in the tank. I use prime for all my water changes and also have melafix, pimafix, quick cure, stress coat, and aquarium salt on hand. Would like to start treatment right away before it gets out of control and becomes a bigger problem. Have had 1 person recommend a combo of melafix, quick cure, and aquarium salt for a few days... would gladly welcome any other suggestions for meds with either what I already have or I can always run to petco, petsmart, or LFS for anything more effective

Do not mix all of those together go get maracyn 1 and follow the directions on the box.

Will be stopping to grab some on my way to work and will start treatment when I get home. Thanks, I appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom