Could I use more LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't remember how much in pounds I actually have. I think I've got around 35 to 40 pounds. How much is too much?

Does it look like I can add more to this tank?

What kind is the best to add?

well most people say that 1.5-2 lbs per gal is just fine. on a 25 gal that would be like 38 to 50 lbs. but by the looks of it you could put more in and still have room for fish. what type of tank is it goign to be?

IMO, you can never have too much LR :wink: unless it crowds your tank that much fish can't swim.

It just has 3 fish, 2 shrimp, snails and a couple of crabs. I'm not planning on adding anyting else (except a sump).

I've got a nano that's got a bta and couple of clowns. It will probably have corals eventually.

Do you really have a Blue tang in a 25 gallon tank? If so that is rediculous in my opinion. I would return it from wherever you got it.

Yea, blue tangs get big. My dad owned a 110gal and the tang out grew it lol, but he owned a fo tank. He owned a angler, and boy are those fish ugly, and they eat alot of fish in the tank! LOL

No matter the size that is a fish that needs alot of swiming room. And in my opinion 25 gallons is not samll for even the smallest tang

Back
Top Bottom