Could the pod population in a 120 gal....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could the pod population in a 120 gal tank support a mandarin and a six-line wrasse? I don't want to push it. Thanks!

Assuming you have the suggested LR for that size tank (180 lbs?) I would say so. A 6-line will eat other food too, right? So if you keep him well fed he should put less effort into looking for pods.

As long as the LR and refuge questions as previously stated are right you should be OK

You could probably do it with a refugium (as states a couple times). You could even use a turkey baster and spot feed the 6-line two smaller meals a day to keep his rock picking limited.

Also, if you are patient - you may be able to find a mandarin who accepts frozen mysis. It's a long LOOOONG shot but my lfs have had them. You can wait it out to insure success.

Though it is rare I have a Green Mandarin that Eats Mysis, and Bryne, Also Pods. He is always searching for pods but anytime I feed the rest of the Fish he will chase around the frozen food. But I wouldnt recommend trying just to feed them frozen. As for mandarins Whenever they are awake they are looking for food. And If you dont you can buy bottles of pods thats what i did to start a nice size colony of them here is a website http:www.ashbyaquatics.com HTH and good luck I think these are a amazing and visually stunning creature. I have mine in a 55g with about 100 plus lbs of LR

This is a new setup being transfered from my 55 gal. So, my additional 80# of rock and a larger fuge will need maturing. Seems like I can get there though. Thanks all!

I have two mandarins doing well in a 125 with 190 pounds of LR and an additional 15# of lr rubble in the sump/fuge. There is a good population of mysid shrimp and other pods growing in the fuge area of the sump. I have several macro algaes in there and can the pods swimming around.

The mandarins oly eat what they pick off teh rock and sand. I have never seen them eat anything else.

Mine eats frozen whenever i throw it in. Its the only mandarin Ive seen that will eat it. But He still eats the pods. I usually have 2 sm gallon containers 1 with Live baby Brine the other with Tigger Pods. Im always replacing the Live Food for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom