CPO breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
How likely are a male and female to breed. I am about 90% sure i have one of each. ill include a pic for confirmation. I am curious if its a guaranteed kind of thing or a maybe

Attachments

• sex.jpg
    sex.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 475
It is a highly likely maybe. What size tank are they in and are they alone? You likely want to pick up another female if your tank is 15-20gal min. They lone male may peaster his mate to death.

Right now they are in a 29 and the female is slightly bigger eventually they will be ib my 75

I would keep them in the smaller tank until the female berried up. I'd then move the male and wait for the female to shed the young and move her. If you're lucky you should end up with a number of small CPOs in addition to the two you have now.

All crayfish tend to take up residence near cover and will walk around at night. In a 75, your CPOs would have to accidently bump into eachother at just the right time for reproduction. The chances of you living would be slim.

Henningc: after I get my 75 all done do you think a 10g or 5g with some hiding and a cheapo light would work?

Back
Top Bottom