cpr bak pak problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a cpr bak pak 2r for about two months now and have not yet been very impressed with it. It doesnt collect like i thought it would, I was hoping maybe it would help with cyano, but hasnt. Yesterday, i notice the skimming column had no air bubles in it at all. i checked the air valve and everything and it all seemed fine. i adjusted the valve a little but it did nothing. so i unplugged it overnight and when i plugged it back in this morning it filled with micro bubbles and starting skimming within ten minutes. when i adjusted the valve, it changed the amout of air bubbles, like it should. it has worked all day but now has no bubbles again. I cant find the problem, any ideas? Its always supposed to be filled with bubbles isnt it? TIA

Have you cleaned the pump since you got it? and is it the rio or the maxi-jet pump? the Rio pump is really unimpressive.

clean it, and the hose that connects to it. my hose used to get salt creep inside that'd eventually block the airflow completely. its stopped having that problem though.

Back
Top Bottom