craigslist bad finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm lucky to not have any badly stocked tanks on Craigslist. But It's hard to find anything but way over priced tanks. Most people want more money for a tank covered in hard water stains than what I can buy for new.

I was amazed today at the prices people wanted for their used tanks in my local CL area. I guess they haven't heard about Petco's $1.00/ gallon sale. lol Used filters aren't worth all that much as they can easily break down once moved or repositioned. Next time the $1.00/gal sale is going on, I'll just rent a van and stock up. :D

I was amazed today at the prices people wanted for their used tanks in my local CL area. I guess they haven't heard about Petco's $1.00/ gallon sale. lol Used filters aren't worth all that much as they can easily break down once moved or repositioned. Next time the $1.00/gal sale is going on, I'll just rent a van and stock up. :D

right? i found this today and it doesn't even say the stand is included.

Wow, what a bargain, $1500. For a 55g!

I know its crazy, I just saw a 55 gallon with a metal stand and a regular canopy for $300. And I thought that was expensive!

Too bad Petco just fished their $1. a gallon sale.

But by the same token I have gotten lots of good deals, a lot of times people just need to get rid of stuff and if you're at the right place at the right time, make an offer, you just never know. All my Fluval canister filters and strip lights were purchased on Craigslist on different occasions for ridiculous low prices.

I really hope they get saved by someone in the know.

Do you think you might save them? I get tempted all if the time when searching eBay, but don't have anymore room.

If I do they are going in my pond outside once it gets warm... Till then plastic containers in my bathroom with heaters, filters and lots of wcs

There are good deals, but they take time to find. I just got home with a 125 gallon, stand, lights, heater, hot magnum 350, Emperor 400 and decor for $175.

So many terribly priced listings though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom