Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You got all that for $350? Holy.Crap.I.Wish.I.Were.You! Did these guys own a failed LFS or something?

Lucked out big time in this one. Hands down my best Craigslist deal as of yet.
The lady had posted a 75 gallon that she wanted $55 for. I have one that's scratched from an unfortunate slate mishap so I figured I'd replace it with on win better shape. When I got to the ladies house she told me if I was interested in any more tanks she had a few more to unload. I said I was and we walked around the back of her garage to find the back covered with them. Her father was a betta, discus and angel breeder but he had pasted about 2 years ago. When they sold his house they moved the tanks thinking that one day they would set some up but for the last 2 years they were in the loft of a barn that was recently damaged in a storm. They then moved everything to the slab behind her garage and decided to sell them. When I asked her how much for them all she said make an offer. I had already agreed to purchase the big tanks. I had to beg her to take the $350 cause she said I could have them all for the price of the big tanks. I knew she had no idea what she had as far as value but I do have a small conscience. We agreed on the $350 and started loading up. 3 trips later and I still have to go back today to get the last bit.

cbourg746 said:
The lady had posted a 75 gallon that she wanted $55 for. I have one that's scratched from an unfortunate slate mishap so I figured I'd replace it with on win better shape. When I got to the ladies house she told me if I was interested in any more tanks she had a few more to unload. I said I was and we walked around the back of her garage to find the back covered with them. Her father was a betta, discus and angel breeder but he had pasted about 2 years ago. When they sold his house they moved the tanks thinking that one day they would set some up but for the last 2 years they were in the loft of a barn that was recently damaged in a storm. They then moved everything to the slab behind her garage and decided to sell them. When I asked her how much for them all she said make an offer. I had already agreed to purchase the big tanks. I had to beg her to take the $350 cause she said I could have them all for the price of the big tanks. I knew she had no idea what she had as far as value but I do have a small conscience. We agreed on the $350 and started loading up. 3 trips later and I still have to go back today to get the last bit.

Congratulations, sir. You have won Craigslist.

My good deal(s)

I wanted a 46G Bowfront with or with out a stand as I had been given a new stand from a guy on CL, iron new never used but a few years old, and he gave me a UV sterilizer for $10, total.

BUT that wasn't what I was noting as my good deal.

So, looking for a 46G. All of them seemed to be around $200. Even though I could get a new tank and hood/light only from Petsmart for $160.

For 6 months I was looking for the blasted deal, for around $100. If there was one for sale it was gone before I could get it. Decided I would do around $150, for lots of extras and stand too if available...NO GO!

Decided I could maybe do around 175-200 if LOTS of extras, lol.

So while checking for bowfronts, this tank popped up, 72G, wow dreamy..., but appx $400, not even a consideration!

Then a month or two later on the "check it out scan for new items", there it was again, $200. Same tank, HALF PRICE! Emailed and offer accepted, this is what I got...

Amazing in near perfect CLEAN condition, like a demo from the showroom floor, but a little bit of light dust, no water scale!

60074-albums11380-picture52489.jpg

I put most of the the stuff in it.

Oceanic tank and matching stand, Black sand, Giant real looking 2 foot long fake driftwood (not using) and the big red rock to the left, lots of smaller rocks and misc fake plants and other DW decos, and other decos.

A perfectly clean, Fluval FX-5 with media, A python or Aqueon water changer, numerous chemicals and other not expired foods and conditioners. 5- 7 lbs different aquarium salt. A 3.5 foot plastic container with fish stuff, buckets, medicine droppers, scoops, teaspoons, nets, scrubbers, mag cleaners, heater and pails, and a total of 4 light bulbs for different effects.

And did I mention it was all SOOOO clean! For $200.00, happy anniversary to me!!! Even my hubby loved the tank!

Well.....the 100g's turned out to be 125's and they also had tons of smaller tanks and stands. 30 tanks 15 stands and lids for everything. Total price..............

$350

Still have a bunch more to go pick up!

Wicked awesome. So excited.... And jealous.

Congratulations, sir. You have won Craigslist.

Basically.

I wanted a 46G Bowfront with or with out a stand as I had been given a new stand from a guy on CL, iron new never used but a few years old, and he gave me a UV sterilizer for $10, total.

BUT that wasn't what I was noting as my good deal.

So, looking for a 46G. All of them seemed to be around $200. Even though I could get a new tank and hood/light only from Petsmart for $160.

For 6 months I was looking for the blasted deal, for around $100. If there was one for sale it was gone before I could get it. Decided I would do around $150, for lots of extras and stand too if available...NO GO!

Decided I could maybe do around 175-200 if LOTS of extras, lol.

So while checking for bowfronts, this tank popped up, 72G, wow dreamy..., but appx $400, not even a consideration!

Then a month or two later on the "check it out scan for new items", there it was again, $200. Same tank, HALF PRICE! Emailed and offer accepted, this is what I got...

Amazing in near perfect CLEAN condition, like a demo from the showroom floor, but a little bit of light dust, no water scale!

I put most of the the stuff in it.

Oceanic tank and matching stand, Black sand, Giant real looking 2 foot long fake driftwood (not using) and the big red rock to the left, lots of smaller rocks and misc fake plants and other DW decos, and other decos.

A perfectly clean, Fluval FX-5 with media, A python or Aqueon water changer, numerous chemicals and other not expired foods and conditioners. 5- 7 lbs different aquarium salt. A 3.5 foot plastic container with fish stuff, buckets, medicine droppers, scoops, teaspoons, nets, scrubbers, mag cleaners, heater and pails, and a total of 4 light bulbs for different effects.

And did I mention it was all SOOOO clean! For $200.00, happy anniversary to me!!! Even my hubby loved the tank!

Lucky! Well done!

This wasn't found on craigslist. I found it at a goodwill store. I drove a hour to get it.
A friend of mine send me a pic yesterday. I got off work this morning and bought it

8 gallon. Reefone biorb life 30 white
Complete with all accesories looks brand new includes the $120 intelligent led light

Paid $45

These sell new for $295

This wasn't found on craigslist. I found it at a goodwill store. I drove a hour to get it.
A friend of mine send me a pic yesterday. I got off work this morning and bought it

8 gallon. Reefone biorb life 30 white
Complete with all accesories looks brand new includes the $120 intelligent led light

Paid $45

These sell new for $295

Awesome!!! I would love one of those! Great deal.

A 150g for $100 and comes with a free 55 i pickedup the 55 gave them the $100 and told them ill be back for the 150 when i get a couple friends haha.

Okay not only is this an INCREDIBLE gold mine.... The story of how's and why's are just as cool!
(And I agree, you have won Craigslist. I didn't even know that was possible. Haha)

Okay not only is this an INCREDIBLE gold mine.... The story of how's and why's are just as cool!
(And I agree, you have won Craigslist. I didn't even know that was possible. Haha)

Started on the stand for one of the 125's yesterday. Check out the cichlid thread for updates in the build.

Attachments

• image-2647791462.jpg
    image-2647791462.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 98
Just got home with this little find.

Happened to come across a 10 minute old curb alert ad for a complete 55 gallon, emailed the guy and told him I was on my way to get it. He immediately called me to let me know he would move it off the curb so nobody would take it, and said there was a 5 gallon he was keeping but if I wanted it he'd put it with the big one. I said yes if he didn't mind parting with it I'd take it. We BS'd a few minutes, and he said "well you know I think I have some other stuff, like plants and spare heaters and stuff, I'll go find them real quick and put them in it too." He was waiting when the hubby got there and helped him load everything up, offered him some money for all the extras he took the time to go get and add, he said no thanks, and I got a new 55! :) :) now I have to figure out what I should do with the 5 gallon and the box full of plants. Haha
That man of mine must kind of like me or something, I drug him out of bed at 10:30 to make him go get a fish tank 25 minutes away, and now he's got it in the kitchen scrubbing it out, and it's after midnight here! Lol

Attachments

• image-152350049.jpg
    image-152350049.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1516912069.jpg
    image-1516912069.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 69
Just got home with this little find.

Happened to come across a 10 minute old curb alert ad for a complete 55 gallon, emailed the guy and told him I was on my way to get it. He immediately called me to let me know he would move it off the curb so nobody would take it, and said there was a 5 gallon he was keeping but if I wanted it he'd put it with the big one. I said yes if he didn't mind parting with it I'd take it. We BS'd a few minutes, and he said "well you know I think I have some other stuff, like plants and spare heaters and stuff, I'll go find them real quick and put them in it too." He was waiting when the hubby got there and helped him load everything up, offered him some money for all the extras he took the time to go get and add, he said no thanks, and I got a new 55! :) :) now I have to figure out what I should do with the 5 gallon and the box full of plants. Haha
That man of mine must kind of like me or something, I drug him out of bed at 10:30 to make him go get a fish tank 25 minutes away, and now he's got it in the kitchen scrubbing it out, and it's after midnight here! Lol

:love::smitten: Yup I think so!!!

Shrimp tank for the 5G!!!

At a garage sale I picked up a 100 gallon acrylic tank with a seamless curved corners front. It came with a wet dry filter, return pump, Milwaukee PH meter, 4 lamp t8 ballast and sockets, and matching stand and hood for $200

Back
Top Bottom