Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes everything plus some cool fish it actually came with 2 filters, 2 light one a marineland led, 4 heaters. So it was a great deal.

Just found a complete 150 gallon setup for $125! Sounds to good to be true but I have to check it out, fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with it.

125 complete setup (sand, live rock, 5 sw fish, extras)-350
72g bowfront setup (everything minus fish)- free
5g fluval chi (plus 3 fish)-free
Vertex IN-250 skimmer (brand new)- 150
mag drive 18-80

Just got home like 2 mins ago with this 125/stand for 200$. Now to find someone to help me move it haha.

Attachments

• image-123586434.jpg
    image-123586434.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2376662051.jpg
    image-2376662051.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 151
Haha it's a ford explorer, I had to fold the seats down. And push the passenger seat all the way up and leaning forward. Haha but I made it work. Should a seen the stand on top ties down to the rack. Wasn't bad, had to drive a hour each way but was still worth it. I find when you gotta drive far just hit random on the iPod and the trips over before ya know it.

I traded a couple old airsoft guns sitting in my closet, value maybe $100 total if I'm lucky, for a cheap black powder revolver(~$150), which I then traded for a 125 with stand, kinda busted up glass tops, lights, undergravel flter, ~150lbs of pink gravel(lol), 3 powerheads(402 I think), a ton of fake plants, numerous castle decorations, 4 heaters of various wattage, 4 or 5 air pumps with tons of tubing(some still in the package), 2 bubbler/led volcano decorations, various conditioners and fish food, several fish nets, and probably more I'm forgetting. Honestly most of the stuff is useless to me as I'll be going a different route with lighting, filtration, substrate, etc., but I've already managed to use a heater and some of the decorations in a smaller tank I've setup for my gf(more on that in a moment) and I'm sure I'll make use of the heaters at least in the 125. Honestly though I'm just thrilled to have gotten a 125 gallon tank in fantastic condition with a nice solid stand for useless stuff taking up space in the back of my closet.

As for my gf's tank, I got her a 16 gallon bowfront with stand, top and Top Fin 30 filter which works great for $40. All of it is in near new condition and I basically just had to buy a $20 light hood and the gravel of her choice, along with using the heater and decorations from my earlier 125 purchase and voila, full setup.

Just about a week ago I picked up a full 10 gallon setup for my friend's Christmas present for $20. It's just one of those Tetra setups that can be bought new for $30, but also came with a heater, glass hang-inside thermometer, attractive natural gravel, a few nice ~6" black lava rocks, a net, and a decent paper background. I'm gonna build a nice background/cave out of slate I already have in the garage as I find regular backgrounds and decorations to be boring.

That's all I've bought so far, but I see tempting deals all the time like a 55 with just about everything from stand to filter to lighting for $50 obo and another 125 with a nice dark stained wood stand for $130 obo. There is definitely a ton of money to be saved if one is willing to browse Craigslist regularly and put a little elbow grease into a project. I've been spoiled by seeing these prices and every time I go into a pet store and see $100+ prices on medium sized tanks(30 or what have you) with absolutely nothing else(let alone $700-800 for a 125!), I just cringe and wonder who is crazy enough to spend that much! I'm always thankful that someone out there is willing to buy new though so I can enjoy the amazing deals in the end and support my hobby without going bankrupt.

Its a done deal on friday ill be picking up a 125 gallon tank and stand for a 100 $ just tank and stand but hey still a good deal i would think

A week ago today i bought a 55 hex from a family that was a little goofy, it was the tank the stand and 3 boxes of stuff i was going through the boxes the next day and i found a pair of womens bloomers with blood stains not like panties but like your grandma's large bloomers i almost threw up.

A week ago today i bought a 55 hex from a family that was a little goofy, it was the tank the stand and 3 boxes of stuff i was going through the boxes the next day and i found a pair of womens bloomers with blood stains not like panties but like your grandma's large bloomers i almost threw up.

*gags*

Gross.

Sick! I hope it was a good deal on everything else. That's just weird...

AW COME ON, that's nasty!! Ya best heavily disinfect everything!

Back
Top Bottom