Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"starting" to get to big

What he should have said was
"My pleco is getting to big for my tank. I really shouldn't but I'm going to ask $30 for a $5 fish I bought without knowing how big they get so I have to try to compete with my fish store"

Check out the TINY little filters on this tank. Much less the 15 fish. Not to mention Koi.

Attachments

• image-1193992575.jpg
    image-1193992575.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 163
Yup. Because that's what they bought it for.

Attachments

• image-3122992355.jpg
    image-3122992355.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 112
Well not necessarily the price but the "that's what I bought it for" mentality!

I can see that. But how bout this.

I buy a 45gal long tank for 60 bucks with undergravel filter plates. Then I take it home and look at it, and find a decent size chunk missing outa the side of it. So then I proceed to re-list it on C-list for 60 bucks as a terrarium. And someong buys it for full price, plus a light I didn't want for an extra 20$. I already had bought a new aquarium and have it set up now.

And I'm selling a couple HOB filters for 8, and 20 bucks each, the undergravel plate for 20 bucks, and a second small set of plates for 10 bucks, I'm making huge profit. Thanx to people who either just wanted things gone NOW, or didn't know what they were selling. All of which I got with the second tank (except the bigger undergravel plates) for 60$.

So I'm peiceing it all for a tone more than I spent. And then there's.my parent's with differing opinions on my selling things for more. My dad thinks I'm ripping people of for selling things for more than I paid, and my mom thinks I'm being smart and "entrepreneural".

I say it's their fault for sellin you an aquarium with a chunk missing from the side.

I agree, they'd said nothing about a hole in a corner. But I made the best of it and got my money back, plus some since I'm selling the plates and (what is now a) terrarium separately.

I kinda say its your fault for not looking it over well enough. But no judgement here, I've done that too. I went to buy a 30g with some goldfish in it and the water was so filthy I didn't see the back of the tank where her husband had carved in the glass some kind of stupid skateboard logo. Sometimes things are over looked and we are stuck with them. But I later on sold the tank too so I know where you're coming from.

What he should have said was
"My pleco is getting to big for my tank. I really shouldn't but I'm going to ask $30 for a $5 fish I bought without knowing how big they get so I have to try to compete with my fish store"

Ok, that is hilarious.

I'm only slightly confused, if there are 7 big fish and you want them to go to a good home why if the water 5 inches low on the tank? Is there a reasonable explanation for that?

Attachments

• image-3031203427.jpg
    image-3031203427.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 145
I'm only slightly confused, if there are 7 big fish and you want them to go to a good home why if the water 5 inches low on the tank? Is there a reasonable explanation for that?

Yeah... Low water level and it looks cloudy or something. Plus, 7 piranha in one tank has got to be over stocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom