crazed cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
have 2 cleaner shrimp fric and frac one of them has turned evil he has been flipping my snails over and tormenting them i have no idea why he never did this before also has black spots on him any ideas on what i can do to get him to behave again? renameing them jeckel and hyde.

Sounds like shrimponic possesion. Hang some garlic near the tank and hope for the best! (Just in case .... I am joking a the garlic)

thanks for the thoughts he molted the other day and the black spots seem to be gone and he is acting like his old peaceful self??? go figure pms maybe :?

My cleaners are also a little PMSey from time to time :) When I added some Nassarius snails for the first time they thought it was time to chow down ! I caught one of them picking up a snail and dragging it up into it's crevice to have lunch !! About 2 days later there were 3-4 empty Nassarius snail shells lying around the shrimp home :) Since then they've been behaving pretty much as expected though .....

Yeah, well mine is a fairy! I think he wears a tu-tu after lights out. He will only clean my yellow tang (found a sugah-daddy). Other fish will swim up and offer thier services but he ignores them.

Heh Heh - One of mine once climbed on my Maroon Clown but fell off a few a seconds later and the Clown got bored and swam away :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom