Crazycajuns new build 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it looks like it is ick very mind case. I am trying to decide what treatment. I am leaning towards hyposalinity. Will do more research.

That's what my purple/red cyan did I just removed as much as possible and added a reef safe medication and I haven't had a spike or another problem with it since

Well looks like I got the cyano fixed now it is time to get more fish. Currently I have two clowns, one flame angel, and one coral beauty. Any advice on what I should add next. Looking for some ideas. I would like a mandarin one day so I will stay away from pod eaters as much as possible.

I stopped feeding daily. I also used Kent Marine Nitrate Sponge. This lowered my nitrates to 0.

Crazycajun said:
I stopped feeding daily. I also used Kent Marine Nitrate Sponge. This lowered my nitrates to 0.

Please explain how the sponge works

The nitrate sponge are little beads of nitrate removing media. You can place it in a mesh bag and add it to your sump. or run it in a hang on back filter as well.

Update on Tank:
Well the tank is comming along nicely. I am looking at how I could change out my Wet/dry setup to a refugium since my Base Rock is turning nicely Very quickly. Starting to get into soft corals. Mushrooms and Fire and Ice and Miami Vice Colony Zoas. Rhodactis and Actinodiscus.

Updated Tank Picture
38104-albums1880-picture18625.jpg

Base Rock Turning to Live.
38104-albums1880-picture18630.jpg

Mutli Mushroom
38104-albums1880-picture18626.jpg

Mushroom
38104-albums1880-picture18627.jpg

Zoa
38104-albums1880-picture18628.jpg

Zoa
38104-albums1880-picture18629.jpg

Last edited:
Crazycajun said:
Update on Tank:
Well the tank is comming along nicely. I am looking at how I could change out my Wet/dry setup to a refugium since my Base Rock is turning nicely Very quickly. Starting to get into soft corals. Mushrooms and Fire and Ice and Miami Vice Colony Zoas. Rhodactis and Actinodiscus.

Updated Tank Picture

Base Rock Turning to Live.

Mutli Mushroom

Mushroom

Zoa

Zoa

The tank looks awesome! Nice corals too!

Looking for a show fish... Can you give me ideas on a show fish for my 150 gallon. Has to be reef capable.

Crazycajun said:
Looking for a show fish... Can you give me ideas on a show fish for my 150 gallon. Has to be reef capable.

Naso tang? With streamers it'll look super nice.

Back
Top Bottom