Creative hiding places?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, so I wanted to know what where some creative hiding places for cheap for a small 2 1/2 inch parrot cichlid. He or she is in a 29 gallon, but i'm planning on moving him into a larger one when he's larger. But for now, any creative hiding places? I already have a few good pots in there, but want to know if there are any other good hiding place ideas out there.

Got a lake near you? I used rocks from my lake. It didn't cost me a penny and my mbunas have caves to hide and chill in. I personally like it but its my opinion. It looks more legit when you use real lake rocks IMO

My parrots love my cichlid stones..... they also love anything hollow like an artificial tree trunk.

Thanks :) i want driftwood, but i'm scared that it'll lower the ph too much. Not too lpng ago my ph got too low, but idk what happened to get it to do that. I just recently got it fixed and it's back to normal.

Go to your local lake, creek, or river. Pick out your rocks and boil them in water for 3 hrs. Now you have free hiding places

yeah I boil my rocks in water to kill all the bacteria and junk they collect. that way you are putting in sterile rocks.

Back
Top Bottom