CT based AA members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Blake's this weekend..talk about a hidden gem! Picked up a few frags and snails for $25 bucks total! Will be going back again this week

Hey folks. It's been a while since I've been around but after some moving and settling in, I've taken some time to update and get reacquainted here. Gosh I miss this place. I didn't see this forum when I first joined, but so glad to have found it now !! This might be lengthy, sorry.

As others have inquired about some LFS's around CT, I have been to the following :
Greenwich Aquaria, Post Rd., Greenwich. Nice place, mostly SW, a little pricey for me.

House of Fins, Bruce Park Dr., Greenwich. Great place, EXCELLENT MIX of both SW/FW. A little pricey as well but I found that an old neighborhood friend works there and takes AWESOME care of me. Joe is holding a Discus for me till payday. He ROCKS and his (and everyone else) knowledge and commitment are impeccable !!

Fish Bowl Pets, Hope St., Stamford. Great place !! Mostly FW, a little SW and some small pets/reptiles. Have dealt with him before, is always reasonable and very knowledgeable. Just left yesterday with 2 (CT bred) Discus. They're not by any means "show" pieces but after he said "Sundays are 20% off day", well no need to explain lol.

Statewide Pets, Bull Hill Ln., Orange. I go there too much !!! The father is a wealth of knowledge !! Will get just about ANYTHING you want. Always hand selects his stock and comes up with some of the craziest fish I've ever seen. All FW, and a ton of everything else from birds to rats, cats, and dogs.

Slither and Swim, Saw Mill Rd., West Haven. Only been a couple times and don't know enough to say anything good, bad, or indifferent.

Never been to but now that others have shared, I look forward to a road trip in the future.
Exotic Fish & Corals, Milford
Waterbury Aquarium
Blakes Aqua Den
Hope this finds everybody well. Also I'm looking to set up and start cycling a 6 gal SW nano this week. SW is all new to me and I know it's much harder to start so small, but I'm doing it more for the experience than a show piece. That will happen when i go from renter to owner.

Has anyone been to Safari Stan's in New Haven yet?

If you know anyone interested in a 30g tank with stand
206 filter fluval, decor, light, heater,
I'm in Springfield let me know
Massachusetts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm down sizing. I have 4 tanks now and am putting the fish in my 30 to my 40 and wanting to sell tank, solid wood stand, fluval 206 filter, glass lid, heater, light, gravel..... decor if you want it....

Good light. Tank has most live plants.

Will be cleaned 100%

Filter obviously has seeded media, tank has been running 3 years.

NEVER had any disease. (ICH)

PM me
Asking 300. Negotiate price. Want to sell.
In Massachusetts

Hey WBAC
I'm by danbury too
Someone recommended Brookfield pets to me so I went up there to check it out, walked in because the door was open, and the guy was sleeping! It's his house plus a fish room. I've tried calling a bunch of times since but no answer so I don't know if he's still in business.
I used to go to Petland Discounts in danbury but they closed. I checked out the one in southbury but they aren't as friendly and sold me sick fish. Choice pets by the walmart in danbury isn't too bad but they don't have much in the way of selection and it's all FW.
I used to go to animal kingdom too. So sad they don't sell fish anymore.
I've been to the waterbury aquarium but like some others had a bit of a frosty experience. I was looking for something and they said they would call me but never did.
There's one guy that's nice at the brookfield petco but I haven't had much luck with their fish. Te one in danbury by the mall has a better selection and looked okay but I only went there once and didn't buy anything.
I keep my eyes peeled but there's not a lot in this area. Let's open one!

I'm down sizing. I have 4 tanks now and am putting the fish in my 30 into my 40 and wanting to sell tank, solid wood stand, fluval 206 filter, glass lid, heater, light, gravel..... decor if you want it....

Will be cleaned 100%

PM me

Asking 300. But. Negotiate ....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm down sizing. I have 4 tanks now and am putting the fish in my 30 into my 40 and wanting to sell tank, solid wood stand, fluval 206 filter, glass lid, heater, light, gravel..... decor if you want it....

Will be cleaned 100%

PM me

Asking 300. But. Negotiate ....

I been to all pet club, feather and fins, fantastic aquarium, Blake's den, and Petco in the general middle CT.

Feathers and fin got decent corals and their fish is better in comparison.

Fantastic, very pricey but their fish is a lot more healthier. Limited selection on corals.

All pet club, is pricey and decent fish and corals.

Above 3 have very general common corals.

Blake's den had the cheapest of frags and more selections of corals. Fish is rather limited.

Petco are very dependable of location and Ich guarantee with their fish. Corals are cheaper but very very limited in selections.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used to live in CT. Not a bad place to be a fishkeeper. Have you tried:

House of Fins in Greenwich
Westport Aquarium in Westport
Slither and Swim in... somewhere, I forget

Westport and House of Fins have high prices but fantastic selection. Slither and Swim is a little cheaper but also has a fantastic selection.

Looking to get rid of my 100 g freshwater setup. Currently about 14 Africans and one beautiful clown parrot. Current USA led fixture and a Eheim pro 2075.

It is currently set up, running and producing babies!

PM me a offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good light. All taken down, ready to sell - all clean !!!!

Will be cleaned 100%

PM me

There are also few private run frags sellers on Craig's list in CT. I actually been to couple of them. They were at the storrs frags swap event as well. The most and best frags around at very very cheap price.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will be cleaned 100%

PM me

Back
Top Bottom