Cuke died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toomanyfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had some time to kill this weekend, and I decided to switch some tanks around. The 20g high SW tank was switched to a 20g regular and I must say the rockwork is much better looking in there!
Everything came out okay with the exception of the cucumber. When I did the change, all the parameters were matched exactly with the exception of the water temp....it was 2º higher. I couldn't acclimate the cuke to the temp change because it was attached to a large rock (ever try and remove one of these things?) and all my buckets and bins were being used. This morning when I got up, the cuke was still sitting on top of the rock, then about 1/2 hour later when I looked again, he started losing his guts. I grabbed him out of there before they were completely out of him. I put fresh carbon in the filter but I'm wondering how long should I leave the carbon in there before replacing? BTW, everything else in the tank looks fine and the fish, crabs etc are acting normally.

The carbon will only be effective for removing toxins for about 2-3 days, so I would replace it after 2 days to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom